It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:59 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 547, 548, 549, 550, 551  Next

Re: Question Time

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Question Time
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:01 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
She has impressed Mrs A.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:36 am 

youngian wrote:
BBC always like box office they can flog to death on QT and Cornynista young Turks are far preferable to seeing fucking Farage's mug on every other week. Ellie Mae O'Hagan maybe away with the fairies reading the papers on Marr but she is not Toby Young or Julie Hartley-Brewer. This feels like progress.

to an extent your're right, but they aren't much of an improvement, especially Mendoza, although in future the next time she or the Canary slag off the BBC, I'll remind them she was perfectly happy to appear on QT. It's the hiring of guests like Mendoza and Farage that were part of the reason why I stopped watching QT, hiring guests who will say controversial and outrageous things just to get outrage on twitter and boost the ratings.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:25 am 

Quote:
part of the reason why I stopped watching QT, hiring guests who will say controversial and outrageous things just to get outrage on twitter and boost the ratings.

They always have I'm old enough to remember when the deputy leader of Liverpool council was the cheeky chappy gobshite who was never off bloody QT. The BBC masquarades as a serious news organisation but you have to go to the World Service and fringes of R4 to find it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 pm 

youngian wrote:
I'll have a look at that as I'm wondering if Stella is the right person for the top job if Jez falls off his bike. She can take on Fox while Kerry Ann handles fellow fake news purveyor Nick Ferrari. And call yourself Zanny Minton Bedoes if you're party planner for posh people not if you work for the Economist.

I caught the last 15 minutes on the radio:
Zanny sounded like the angry posh lady form an Ealing comedy - Very fast, high-pitched delivery, and appeared angry that she had to speak to such stupid people.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:40 pm 

Which I think accurately reflects The Canary.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:38 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Thought Caroline Lucas was good when she pulled up that cockwomble Rees Mogg. He started off saying that government debt is really bad and we shouldn't have it, then changed tack by saying that student debt isn't a problem.

Im amazed that the cunt has 6 kids, is it three with his sister and the other three with his mum?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:08 pm 

A mate of mine is unshakeable in his belief that all BBC presenters should speak like Rees-Mogg "because everybody understands RP - the rot set in when the BBC let Wilfred Pickles on the air during the war". This is the guy who views UKIP as 'centre-right'.

That'll be why they had to edit the discs used for the first speaking clock because the voice of the RP-speaking lady made 'thirty' and 'forty' sound nearly identical.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:53 pm 

mr angry manchester wrote:
Thought Caroline Lucas was good when she pulled up that cockwomble Rees Mogg. He started off saying that government debt is really bad and we shouldn't have it, then changed tack by saying that student debt isn't a problem.

Im amazed that the cunt has 6 kids, is it three with his sister and the other three with his mum?

Or perhaps his gamekeeper is the athletic type.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:24 am 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
I watched a bit of it last night it was from Wolverhampton and the audience was full of UKIP morons. Its come to something when the only one talking a modicum of sense was Peter Hitchens.

"We are an island, fortress Britain, man the barricades, exterminate the foreign hordes"

The press have been softening the country up for ages with attitudes towards "forrins" so that when they start machine gunning refugees at the coast people will simply shrug and say "yeah, arsed"

The future is grim.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:50 am 

I can't even watch Ch4 News that had an audience of Brexiters last night to give their informed opinions of progress so far. They appear to be so short of people now to put their heads above the trench they had to invite one of those nutters who wanted Corbyn to nuke North Korea.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:47 am 

youngian wrote:
I can't even watch Ch4 News that had an audience of Brexiters last night to give their informed opinions of progress so far. They appear to be so short of people now to put their heads above the trench they had to invite one of those nutters who wanted Corbyn to nuke North Korea.

Looks like the twin brother of one of the Nuke-enthusiasts form the York hustings.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:17 am 

Merkel's a communist, you know...

Quote:
BBC Question Time‏Verified account @bbcquestiontime 12h12 hours ago

.@ayeshahazarika confronts an audience member she calls a 'bully' in a discussion about the far-right #bbcqt

https://twitter.com/bbcquestiontime/sta ... 9620810753

...interesting that it's from QT's own twiiter feed. It's as if they've decided to go for fuckwit gobshite confrontations in search of a wder aidience share.

Edit: correct link.

Last edited by The Red Arrow on Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 pm 

In this age of political authenticity, its a shame MPs don't step up and shut down fuckwits talking nonsense. Former Oz PM Bob Hawke on a high street walkabout once told some daft old sod where to go in front of the cameras. Good on ya.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 3:26 pm 

i was looking forward to seeing Ayesha Hazarika, who was playing an absolute blinder in Brighton last weekend. Good on her for being willing to call that toerag out.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 am 

Odious Tory Kirstie Allsopp on tonight, along with Charles Moore from The Spectator, and Justine Greening. And still the media go on about "left wing bias" at the BBC.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8258 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 547, 548, 549, 550, 551  Next