It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:28 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103

Re: Readers can turn harmless stories into a political swipe

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:30 pm 

Why do I think that by survival of the fittest he means "kill the blacks"?

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:20 pm 

Quote:
WhatsUpDoc, Narnia, Åland Islands, about 2 hours ago
The liberal left would have you believe that all animals are subject to equality and fairness in the wilderness, so I am sorry to burst your pink bubble wrap but its survival of the fittest, welcome back to the real world.

Am guessing that WhatsUpDoc has not moved that far up the evolutionary scale and is the runt of the litter scavenging for scraps at the back of the pack

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:27 pm 

That's quite the impressive straw-man.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:37 am 

A Lost England? Incredible black and white photos reveal what life was like for people in the 19th and early 20th centuries and how the issues they faced were not so different than the ones we do today
English flooding is certainly not a new phenomenon, as demonstrated by this archive of photographs
More than 1,200 photographs revealing late 19th and early 20th-century England have been released
Lost England 1870-1930 shows resemblances between issues we face today and those of 100 years ago

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... today.html
Quote:
werdna, Birmingham, United Kingdom

"the issues they faced were not so different than the ones we face today". Oh yes those photos indeed all reflect unchecked immigration, terrorism, lack of social integration ....

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:13 am 

Andrew really is backwards. History not his strong point.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:22 am 

Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
Dave, East Sussex England wrote:
the gradual eradication of "All" Northern European Culture and Customs.

Apols for rewinding three months, but I'm struck by this idea that there is a Northern European culture. (And that Cherbourg would not be part of it!) Would this culture perhaps be based on a lighter pigmentation of skin, blue eyes, and other features commonly associated with the Aryan race? Or is it more about opposition to that devil in the Vatican?

Either way I'd be interested to know where Dave draws the border. My hunch is that he'd be happy to make room in his conception of the North for catholic Bavaria and certain moustached Austrians, but not so much for the denizens of Brussels or the diamond traders of Antwerp with their funny names ending in -stein.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:53 pm 

Quote:
werdna, Birmingham, United Kingdom

"the issues they faced were not so different than the ones we face today". Oh yes those photos indeed all reflect unchecked immigration, terrorism, lack of social integration ....

...animal cruelty, insanitary living conditions, child labour.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:35 pm 

I like looking at old photographs, especially the eyes and faces and know that these people are exactly the same as us, it's just the circumstances of when they were born that separate us. Nurture is defo trumping nature. But you have to bear in mind that these photos are rarely candid snaps, they are carefully stage managed and reflect the thoughts of the photographer or, when it comes down to photographing the workplace, whoever paid the fee.

I had a quick look through the BTL and in the top rated comment there was a response from one wag celebrating the lack of burqa and nijab.

And every day the paper boy brings more.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:26 am 

Quote:

And of course all those things are so much worse than that little local nastiness that occurred in the second decade of the twentieth century.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:22 am 

Daley Mayle wrote:
I like looking at old photographs, especially the eyes and faces and know that these people are exactly the same as us, it's just the circumstances of when they were born that separate us. Nurture is defo trumping nature. But you have to bear in mind that these photos are rarely candid snaps, they are carefully stage managed and reflect the thoughts of the photographer or, when it comes down to photographing the workplace, whoever paid the fee.

I had a quick look through the BTL and in the top rated comment there was a response from one wag celebrating the lack of burqa and nijab.

Plenty of headscarves though.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:03 pm 

Is Britain being invaded by brown recluse spiders? Girl, five, is the second child to be hospitalised by bite from deadly arachnid
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4012896/Schoolgirl-five-second-child-hospitalised-suspected-brown-recluse-spider-bite-just-two-weeks-sparking-fears-deadly-arachnid-invasion.html

Quote:
Suzie, Durban, 1 hour ago
It is possible these spiders are coming in with all the migrants' luggage.
+124 -48

Quote:
lulu2lulu, manchester, United Kingdom, 3 minutes ago
Yes all the white ones have left their fed up with the brown ones telling them what they can do and what they cant

Quote:
crewza, Insecure Little Englander., United Kingdom, 11 minutes ago
Invaded yet again.Close the Borders.

Quote:
pc.brigade, ipswich, United Kingdom, 29 minutes ago
No doubt the spiders hitched a ride with the illegal immigrants

Quote:
Batley Kid, Batley, 48 minutes ago
As everyone wants to come and stay in UK so these spiders wants to go the same don't want to be left behind.

It's getting worse, isn't it?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:57 am 

Charity reveals plans to reintroduce the LYNX into Britain's countryside 1,300 years after it was wiped out by hunters
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4702072/Plans-reintroduce-LYNX-Britain-s-countryside.html

Quote:
Dazza-expat-France, Arles, France, 9 hours ago
They are also talking about reintroducing English people back in to London.
+195 -13

Quote:
tonywarks, warwick, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
Rather have a lynx roaming our beautiful country than the immigrants that have been let loose .
+65 -9

Quote:
WhereDidItAllGoWrong, London, United Kingdom, 9 hours ago
If the research is as good as the research on the 36000 EU migrants coming to this country after we flung our doors open to them. We don't have anything to worry about do we. Yes
+48 -10

Quote:
Luuke, Savannah, United States, 3 hours ago
u are already full of predat0rs....if u know what i mean....
+30 -2

Quote:
Jolly Jack, Oggie Land, United Kingdom, 8 minutes ago
Well we have millions of other "introduced" species living here and claiming benefits so why not let a few moggies in - at least they won't need housing and health care etc.
+7 -0

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:33 pm 

Not a 'harmless' story as such but a story which has, of course, been turned into an immigrant bashing exercise:

Couple 'watched Just Eat delivery driver sit outside their home and pick at their chocolate waffles before handing them the half-eaten remains'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4713812/Couple-watched-Just-Desserts-driver-pick-food.html

Quote:
Roy IoW, Ryde, 1 hour ago
I wonder if the driver has been recently employed, but has not quite integrated with our society yet ?
+91 -6

Quote:
SJC, Bournemouth, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Lol who would buy food from someone called Ismail ..their culture is totally different from ours ..it's probably fine to 'share' food in Ismail's home country.
+77 -23

Quote:
john l lumb, halifax, United Kingdom, 1 hour ago
Strait off the boat or back of a lorry then
+73 -10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 1:46 pm 

...and once again we see how those proud Brits have a tenuous grasp of their native tongue. Or maybe they're dyslexic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1544 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103