It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:10 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 

Newsnight Churnalism.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Newsnight Churnalism.
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm 

Missed this on my holidays, but got sent an email about this awful piece by Allegra Stratton. I am not really familiar with her, but would love to sit her down and pull apart her lifestyle choices on national tv.

The petition for an apology is the least they should do in my opinion.

http://www.change.org/petitions/bbcnews ... tion_alert

Soon, if we are not prudent, millions of people will be watching each other starve to death through expensive television sets. Nye Bevan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:30 pm 

Oh, I got that email, too. I signed the petition but wondered what I'd registered with to get it in the first place. It came in on the email addy I used to register here but used my real name.

Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Thu Feb 31, 2021 18:60 am, edited 666 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm 

Carlos The Badger wrote:
Oh, I got that email, too. I signed the petition but wondered what I'd registered with to get it in the first place. It came in on the email addy I used to register here but used my real name.

It came to my proper email, I think I signed something else on there, perhaps you did too?

Soon, if we are not prudent, millions of people will be watching each other starve to death through expensive television sets. Nye Bevan

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 pm 

It actually is a proper email address that I use just not my primary one that I would normally use to sign up to somewhere - it's more of a work one.

Can't for the life of me think of anywhere I've registered lately.

Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Thu Feb 31, 2021 18:60 am, edited 666 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:34 pm 

storygirl wrote:
I am not really familiar with her

Quote:
Stratton attended Emmanuel College, Cambridge, where she read archaeology and anthropology.

Amusing, as watching the clip I feel you can draw a fair bit from Britain's class divisions today and how that affects human behaviour. Wonder if she's related to the powder compact manufacturer? ;)

Very fruity lady. Reminds me of Steph Flanders and the one with the double-barrelled name who used to do Working Lunch.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:52 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

What's the DM's take on this? Will they attack the cultural Marxists for behaving just like they do all the fucking time?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:15 pm 

mojojojo wrote:
What's the DM's take on this? Will they attack the cultural Marxists for behaving just like they do all the fucking time?

Tough call - statist, biased BBC vs single mother claiming housing benefit, and I think it may all be a bit to nuanced for the DM to bother with anyway.

Here's the interview for those who may have missed it, from what I can gather this young woman thought the interview was going to be about the problem of high housing costs in London, not about having to justify why she moved out of her mum's house ( I think she realised she'd been stitched up towards the end of the interview)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:19 pm 

Giant f*cking Sudoku wrote:
Very fruity lady. Reminds me of Steph Flanders and the one with the double-barrelled name who used to do Working Lunch.

Allegra Stratton does nothing for me. Doesn't help that she looks like a print journalist stuck in front of a camera.

It's not really churnalism, is it? It's original malicious editing. Possibly not by Stratton, to be fair.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 5:42 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
From the lefty biased BBC?
The ones that employed Guto Harri, Rod Liddle, Nick Robinson and frequently Quentin Letts?
Surely not...

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:52 pm 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Giant f*cking Sudoku wrote:

Allegra Stratton does nothing for me. Doesn't help that she looks like a print journalist stuck in front of a camera.

It's not really churnalism, is it? It's original malicious editing. Possibly not by Stratton, to be fair.

Perhaps, but the fact she got Tower Hamlets to produce an interviewee, then used that person to push an agenda borders on it. The full interview is apparently worse, in which Stratton asks why the woman chose to have a child if she couldn't afford housing without HB. I don't think from reading her account the editing was malicious at all.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]