It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Which is your constituency and who will win there?

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:33 pm 

Loughborough - Nicky Morgan.
At least we have put up a hard working, well liked local, Althought his skin-tone might be a bit much for some of the pearl graspers. Morgan likely to win through quantity rather than quality, she's not to the the taste of a good few in her own party locally.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:37 pm 

Now Bezirk Baden in Aargau. My vote's dropped off the 15 year cliff so I'm watching this clusterfuck helplessly.

My constituency was Lewisham East which is Heidi Alexander by a large majority. (in fact I moved from Lewisham West last boundary review)

When I moved to London it was Tory, held by the Miniature for Sport, Colin Moynihan thanks to the SDP. We got rid of hin in 1992.

No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:40 pm 

South Down: Margaret Ritchie (SDLP)

Once a bit of an SDLP fortress, this, back in the days of Seamus Mallon. Currently a lot closer, probably a toss-up between Ritchie and Chris Hazzard of the shinners.

Personally, I don't vote SF, particularly in Westminster elections, Margaret Ritchie is a deeply unpleasant human being regardless of politics, UUP candidate is a bollocks and I'd sooner piss on HT lines than vote DUP. Alliance it is, then.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:06 pm 

Eastbourne. Currently Tory, but two out of the last four MPs were Libdems. Tactical voting by Labour and the Greens could unseat Ansell.

Eastbourne Green candidate apologises for blunder

http://www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/ ... -1-7994457

She was right though.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:07 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

Rochester and Strood (the towns that voted Ukip). Kelly Tolhurst is the Tory incumbent. Useless, but Labour third behind Kippers in last GE. Kippers will fall apart but too much ground to make up. Labour candidate is my local councillor and she's very good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 pm 

Birmingham Northfield: Richard Burden (Labour). I have voted Labour and helped get our vote out, Came home as I wasn't feeling great. The Tories have got a lousy candidate, response on the doorstep has been pretty good, the only problem we have is UKIP aren't standing. We've ran a very personal campaign focusing on Richard and his record in the constituency.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:41 pm 

Bootle, Peter Dowd, safe Labour seat. http://geo.digiminster.com/election/201 ... ncy/Bootle

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:52 pm 

Boiler wrote:
South Holland and The Deepings: John Hayes.

Definitely my favourite constituency name that.

New constituency for me this time, Tamworth. Has been bellwether since its creation in 1997. Lab taking three elections with increasingly smaller majorities until 2010. The Tory incumbent, Chris Pincher, then upped his majority in 2015, from 6k to 11k. Even if all the UKIP votes from last time went to Labour, it wouldn't be enough.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:47 pm 

Rossendale and Darwen. Usually a bellwether constituency. Currently held with a 5k majority by Jake Berry, who's one of Boris' chief cheerleaders for a new royal yacht, and another MP who caught Diane Abbott's 'Brexit' flu' on the second reading day (although in his case, it was allegedly a Brexit migrine).

Regarded as a desirable marginal. I'd like to be optimistic, but since the Labour candidate was a Rossendale council leader who barely mentioned Darwen during the campaign, I wonder if the national picture'll make voters overlook that she didn't seem to acknowledge half of them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:57 pm 

Neath.

Should be easy enough for Christine Rees. Tories came 4th last time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:11 pm 

Cambridgeshire South East which is a Tory seat shaped like a G clamp around Cambridge but has a fast-changing demographic. Labour could be looking at second place for the first time ever. I've been in Cambridge a lot of the time which is the Lib Dem No1 target seat. I hear conflicting reports but I will be surprised if the Lib Dems win. They've had to fill antipathy among Labour voters to switch over Brexit with a weird local pavement politics campaign about city funding or something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:25 pm 

Reigate, Blunt, of the unexpected homeosexuality and love of Poppers.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 2:35 am 

Twickenham, hoping that Cable will swing it. Tania Matthias isn't too bad as Conservatives go, I wouldn't object if they give her a safe constituency when the opportunity arises.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:16 am 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Carshalton and Wallington, Tom Brake considered to be seriously at risk, but Cons candidate has been putting out some downbeat tweets.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:46 am 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Brake home. UKIP didn't stand, +6% for Tories & Lib Dems, +3% for Labour.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next