It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:55 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Which is your constituency and who will win there?

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:03 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Kick this off with Tatton. Super safe Tory seat, majority of 18000 last time for Gideon. He's been replaced by Esther bastard McVey and its a shoo in for her, lot of old and new money twats here.

Voted Labour just to be awkward!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:15 pm 

Wavertree, Luciana Berger, Labour. They just weigh the red votes round here. Still, added to the pile.

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:19 pm 

Maidenhead, Theresa May.

Have a guess.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm 

Meriden - Caroline Spelman.

Super-safe Tory seat, in fact I suspect their majority here will exceed 20,000 for the first time ever tonight :x

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:38 pm 

Wellingbororough with that tosser Peter Bone likely to get back in. Don't know why because he does fuck all for the town and pays his wife 40k out of his expenses to be his assistant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:40 pm 

Rhondda. Chris Bryant.

I think that if Leanne Wood had decided to stand, she might have given him a run for his money.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:09 pm 

Horsham - Jeremy Quin

Caused a very minor stink when he was parachuted in last time (replacing Francis Maude) when he basically admitted he'd never been to Horsham in his life, but it didn't stop him winning by a landslide. The last time Horsham returned a non-Tory was in the 1830s I think, there are some wards here where 100% of the vote is Conservative.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:15 pm 

South Holland and The Deepings: John Hayes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:32 pm 

Aylesbury and David Liddington - Tory hold as ever although he is not the nastiest Tory around and UKIP will fall off a cliff this time.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:40 pm 

Kingston & Surbiton, and I suspect Ed Davey might be a rare positive note for the LDs. Still got strong recognition, and the current MP hasnt exactly covered himself in glory in the last two years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:46 pm 

Macclesfield - David Rutley will coast home. To his mild credit, he does actually live here, and takes an interest in local matters. We were all expecting him to be some up-and-coming superstar when Nick Winterton retired and he got given one of the safest seats in the country, but it doesn't look like he has made many waves.

I don't know what the conventions are for this sort of thing, but he looks to have a job for life now in a constituency which has been Tory since 1910, and was only not tory (or unionist) twice since 18somethingorother

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:18 pm 

Warwick and Leamington. Only remain-voting area in a sea of leave round here, and our Tory MP was a remainer who folded and went with the vote, which has made him considerably less popular. He's also a total non-entity with zero personality. There are a lot of old folk round here too, and May's dementia tax will have gone down like a lead balloon.

We've got a popular, active Labour candidate and the local Lib Dems are realistic about being a distant 3rd, so with a fair wind and some decent tactical voting it *might* just tip. Notably I've seen a LOT of labour material and posters locally, and a hell of a lot less Conservative ones, than 2015.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:19 pm 

visage wrote:
Kingston & Surbiton, and I suspect Ed Davey might be a rare positive note for the LDs. Still got strong recognition, and the current MP hasnt exactly covered himself in glory in the last two years.

Haha maybe I should be more careful what I write on here...

Same ward and I believe the same, Berry's approach to surgeries is awful as well. I've been absolutely pilloried with personalised letters from Mr Davey. Tories seemed to be matching them at one point but last 2 weeks nothing, so I guess my area isn't being particularly positive towards Berry.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:26 pm 

Glasgow S.W - Chris Stephens to hold for SNP.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glasgow_South_West_(UK_Parliament_constituency)#Election_results

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 4:27 pm 

crabcakes_windermere wrote:
Warwick and Leamington. Only remain-voting area in a sea of leave round here, and our Tory MP was a remainer who folded and went with the vote, which has made him considerably less popular. He's also a total non-entity with zero personality. There are a lot of old folk round here too, and May's dementia tax will have gone down like a lead balloon.

We've got a popular, active Labour candidate and the local Lib Dems are realistic about being a distant 3rd, so with a fair wind and some decent tactical voting it *might* just tip. Notably I've seen a LOT of labour material and posters locally, and a hell of a lot less Conservative ones, than 2015.

lol because of your username I'd always assumed you were based somewhere up in Cumbria. Had no idea you were only a short distance away from myself - greetings from a fellow Midlander :D