It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:04 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Where is it all going to end?

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:52 am 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
I am worried about the future. To quote Richard Littlejohn, I think the country is going to hell in a handcart. All I can see is more and more job losses, millions of people being chucked on the scrap pile and not looked after, the end product of all this job outsourcing, automation etc. It will increase profits for the few and help put people in the bin.

Anyone who has a job is squeezed with short term contracts, no pay rises, etc, who can afford a house, yet greedy developers keep building more of them, damaging the environment. Still on the environment, we are urged to be "green" but, at the same time, to buy more stuff and increase wasteful, throw away consumerism, which is the antithesis of green.

More and more wealth is being concentrated in the hands of the elite, the gap between rich and poor, which had reached its narrowest point in the 70s has been growing since. At work, you are at the whim of corporations, no protection against bad employers.

All the while, this is concealed by the media which is controlled by a branch of the elite and brainwashes the masses with rubbish so they are rendered docile

Labour, who should be championing the poor and dispossessed have turned into a shambles.

I just think that, sooner or later, something will go off, and that will then be an excuse for them to become more repressive than ever

Everything is shit and I am angry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:11 am 

It's ok.. It's not like anyone is assaulting pregnant women because of their race or anything......

Oh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:46 pm 

Yebbut, more importantly, what channel are we going to watch someone bake a Victoria Sponge on?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 12:57 pm 

For all you mock, I would argue that is relevant as it highlights the desire of many in power to see the BBC fail. Something which must be opposed.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:37 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Whats the betting that Strictly isn't the next thing to go? Seems that every popular entertainment programme the BBC get is targeted. ITV nicked The Voice earlier, there could be a pattern emerging, closure by stealth.

You take away what people want to use/watch so the figures drop then say "look, this isn't used any more, lets shut it" Beeching did it with the railways in the early 60s, make trains on a line they wanted to shut run at stupid times so people stopped using it, then use the lack of use as an excuse to close it

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 pm 

mr angry manchester wrote:
Whats the betting that Strictly isn't the next thing to go? Seems that every popular entertainment programme the BBC get is targeted. ITV nicked The Voice earlier, there could be a pattern emerging, closure by stealth.

You take away what people want to use/watch so the figures drop then say "look, this isn't used any more, lets shut it" Beeching did it with the railways in the early 60s, make trains on a line they wanted to shut run at stupid times so people stopped using it, then use the lack of use as an excuse to close it

Hasn't Cowell tried to buy Strictly several times, I believe Strictly is tied into the BBC unlike GBBO which was made by an independent company for the BBC, I think it's like Doctor Who in some ways, Ripper Street was probably BBC produced which led it to being shown on the both Amazon and the BBC, unique as many other series have not crossed over such as Man in The High Castle and House of Cards on Netflix.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:29 pm 

As stated here, we're at Stage Three.

https://twitter.com/davidschneider/stat ... 9370622976

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:53 pm 

Taking back control of ????

National Grid sells majority stake in UK gas infrastructure to Chinese and Qatari state investors

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/national-grid-sells-shares-china-qatar-investors-a7463256.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:29 pm 

Now we're suffering the grip of a courgette famine.

And what's out-of-touch Bob "bloody" Geldof doing?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:22 pm 

That's the problem with courgettes, they are here today and then gone to marrow.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm 

Please don't start with the puns. It's not gourd for our image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:52 pm 

People'll start to think that we don't carrot all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:33 pm 

Another punfes! Thats a turnip for the books.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:16 pm 

Oh, peas stop, I know there's allotment to cheers us up, but it's too mulch to bear!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:19 pm 

I think we need to parsnip this in the spud.