It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:54 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Re: Terrorism

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Terrorism
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Kreuzberger wrote:
mr angry manchester wrote:
Do we even know if it is definitely a terror attack yet?

The police said in a statement a couple of hours ago that they are treating it as such.

Ok, thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:01 pm 

Trump saying that the attack was carried out by people known to the security services is going down like a bucket of cold sick. Especially since he's adamant that he's been briefed.

May saying that this is "unhelpful" apparently constitutes "a stinging rebuke", according to The Independent.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:06 pm 

He's either leaking sensitive intelligence info or he's making it up.

Either way, it plays right into the hands of those who praise him for "bypassing the MSM" and he gets applauded for it. He's not scared to upset the Muslims etc etc.

Even the Mail are hinting at that narrative with their headline:

Why is Trump telling us things our own police won't?

I see that as them praising him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:27 pm 

I suspect it's true. The US named the Manchester suicide bomber, before the UK authorities.
Not good though, as he will be harder to catch if he thinks he has been identified.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:56 pm 

If it turns about to be some right wing nut job, expect Trump to suddenly forget it ever happened.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 pm 

Arnold wrote:
I suspect it's true. The US named the Manchester suicide bomber, before the UK authorities.
Not good though, as he will be harder to catch if he thinks he has been identified.

The DM is reporting that the suspect arrested in Dover had also been arrested two weeks ago. This and the speed of the arrest does seem to suggest Trump was correct.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:51 pm 

Or he was just an inept cunt in the first place.

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:01 pm 

Arnold wrote:
Arnold wrote:

The DM is reporting that the suspect arrested in Dover had also been arrested two weeks ago. This and the speed of the arrest does seem to suggest Trump was correct.

Donald Trump receives and actually reads(!) daily briefings of all suspects being collared in the UK even if they are subsequently released, and then shares that information via his early morning Twitter rant? I'm somewhat sceptical.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:19 am 

My thought as well

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:52 am 

Trump received his intel via a Fox News report and as we know Murdoch hacks have a close relationship with the Met.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:18 am 

Kreuzberger wrote:

Donald Trump receives and actually reads(!) daily briefings of all suspects being collared in the UK even if they are subsequently released, and then shares that information via his early morning Twitter rant? I'm somewhat sceptical.

I suppose he could have asked someone who does. The first suspect was caught the following day in Dover. That means he had to have been on the radar. I don't have an opinion as to why he had been freed after his arrest. I don't know enough.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:02 am 

Arnold wrote:
Kreuzberger wrote:

I suppose he could have asked someone who does. The first suspect was caught the following day in Dover. That means he had to have been on the radar. I don't have an opinion as to why he had been freed after his arrest. I don't know enough.

What the fuckery fuck? You say you don't have an opinion because you don't know enough about the subject? Did Tim Berners-Lee not give you the opportunity to do just that? :wink:

And every day the paper boy brings more.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:49 pm 

Quote:
Man, 29, is arrested after teenage boy was stabbed outside mosque in front of his horrified brother just moments after being dropped off by his father for Muslim festival

Quote:
West Midlands Police has confirmed the incident is not terror related and is being treated as an attempted murder

Not exactly.
Quote:
'We do not believe it to be terror-related. The motivation for the attack is not yet known, we are keeping an open mind as to whether it could be racially or religiously motivated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z4uAp23bKE

Last edited by Arnold on Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 pm 

This is a few days old but amazingly there's been virtually no mention.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/cr ... 69566.html

11 members of National Action arrested under terrorism legislation.

No amount of cajolery, and no attempts at ethical or social seduction, can eradicate from my heart a deep burning hatred for the Tory Party. So far as I am concerned they are lower than vermin. Aneurin Bevan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:12 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Mentally ill loners.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 462 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next