It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

Glimmers Of Hope

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

Author Message
 Post subject: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 8:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:59 pm
Posts: 1534
Thought it might be a good point, considering the way things are going since the referendum, to use this thread to reassure us that there are still many many good and decent people out there.

First up, from my own neck of the woods. Magdalen Street in Norwich has several shops along it which sell foodstuffs from all over the world - there's several Indian shops, Polish, Middle Eastern, Bengali, African - a wide variety. Last night, a Romanian shop was fire bombed, as the family slept upstairs. Fortunately all are well, but the police seem to think it was race related. Furthermore, only a few hours ago, there was a pro-EU rally in the centre of Norwich (which to remind you voted 58-42 to remain), so by and large, this sort of thing doesn't happen here.

Via the parody page set up on Facebook to make Norwich an independent City State still in the EU, a crowdfunding page was set up to help the shop owners get back on their feet. It set a target of £500. According to the webpage at the moment, the amount raised in less than 24 hours is £20,639.

Even more telling is the comments on that page, with dozens of people volunteering to come and help clear up, and various local businesses such as electricians and decorators etc donating their time and efforts free and gratis.

Am very VERY proud of this city at the moment. (Although obviously as an Ipswich supporter, I still say their football team is evil personified).

_________________
"He's the leader of the gang. He's the top, he's the tip, he's the championship. He's Top Cat. And he's scum!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:52 pm
Posts: 8665
Location: Dirty XBerg 36
KevS wrote:
SNIP

Am very VERY proud of this city at the moment. ...


And rightfully so. Really good to see people coming together like this.

_________________
Selbstgerechte Fotze


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:59 pm
Posts: 1534
A quick update on the firebombed shop from yesterday. The appeal, which remember, was only expected to reach £500 stands at over £26000 at time of writing.

A spot of love bombing then took place today whereby people wrote messages of solidarity and support on heart shaped post it notes and stuck them to the outside of the shop. Several hundred apparently.

Good work all. ☺

_________________
"He's the leader of the gang. He's the top, he's the tip, he's the championship. He's Top Cat. And he's scum!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:59 pm
Posts: 1534
And, have just seen there's a similar thing happening in Plymouth. Polish family suffers arson attack, local people set up appeal, smashes target.

Slowly restoring my faith in humanity.

_________________
"He's the leader of the gang. He's the top, he's the tip, he's the championship. He's Top Cat. And he's scum!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:29 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:22 pm
Posts: 885
And at least Dacre should lose his £500k EU subsidy for his Scottish estate. :lol:

_________________
"The architectural style is early maniac" - Vila Restal


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:50 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:31 am
Posts: 3753
Image

It'll come from the taxpayer instead.

Yay?

_________________
Fracking will incur imprisonment.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 15068
Garden Bridge should be scrapped, Hodge review finds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39524979


There'll be a weeping and wailing for the types who expect their moats cleaned at taxpayer expense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 1:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:34 am
Posts: 10881
Location: Sorta London
A vanity project for a Vanity Mayor...

The more you notice Khan, the more you hark back to the previous Mayor and realise he must have done jack all for 8 years.

"What about Khan's TFL Lies" - Well what about Boris being shit for 8 years at the taxpayers expense?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:12 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:16 pm
Posts: 253
KevS wrote:
Via the parody page set up on Facebook to make Norwich an independent City State still in the EU, a crowdfunding page was set up to help the shop owners get back on their feet. It set a target of £500. According to the webpage at the moment, the amount raised in less than 24 hours is £20,639.

Even more telling is the comments on that page, with dozens of people volunteering to come and help clear up, and various local businesses such as electricians and decorators etc donating their time and efforts free and gratis.


And, have just seen there's a similar thing happening in Plymouth. Polish family suffers arson attack, local people set up appeal, smashes target.


That's great to hear. For every one of those patriotic cunts who are willing to bravely firebomb a family under cover of darkness there are millions who are horrified and hundreds in the local community who are willing to show support for the victims. It's just sad that we have to go back through the whole process of remarginalizing said cunts.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:08 am
Posts: 15068
WTF? wrote:
KevS wrote:
Via the parody page set up on Facebook to make Norwich an independent City State still in the EU, a crowdfunding page was set up to help the shop owners get back on their feet. It set a target of £500. According to the webpage at the moment, the amount raised in less than 24 hours is £20,639.

Even more telling is the comments on that page, with dozens of people volunteering to come and help clear up, and various local businesses such as electricians and decorators etc donating their time and efforts free and gratis.


And, have just seen there's a similar thing happening in Plymouth. Polish family suffers arson attack, local people set up appeal, smashes target.


That's great to hear. For every one of those patriotic cunts who are willing to bravely firebomb a family under cover of darkness there are millions who are horrified and hundreds in the local community who are willing to show support for the victims. It's just sad that we have to go back through the whole process of remarginalizing said cunts.


And what a pity that the lens of the print media makes the bigots look like a mass movement, and the good guys appear as a minority.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 11:46 pm
Posts: 36164
Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
I didn't know you believed in coincidences, Bones...

_________________
To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty. Lao Tzu



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Glimmers Of Hope
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:39 pm
Posts: 1150
Bones McCoy wrote:
Garden Bridge should be scrapped, Hodge review finds

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-39524979


About bloody time. There's a bit of brane-speke in the comments, naturally.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Fatal: ./cache/ is NOT writable.