It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287 ... 292  Next

Re: Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:27 am 

Silkyman wrote:
I love stories about British disinformation during the war. The carrot/eyesight myth being the best.

Implausibly daft stuff that was true and their stories could be told on a low movie budget. 'I was Monty's Double' just needed to get the bloke who was Monty's double.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:20 am 

Arnold wrote:
Quote:
What a joke Barner! EU threatens holidaymakers with 'absurd' pet ban if Brexit talks fail

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... -as-absurd

But that's HMG's view too.
Quote:
3. Pet passport and other documents

You need a pet passport for your dog, cat or ferret if they’ll be travelling:
to the UK from an EU country, or another country the UK accepts pet passports from
from the UK to a listed or unlisted country and then returning to the UK - you can’t do this after your pet’s rabies vaccination has expired
There will be no change to the rights and status of EU nationals living in the UK, nor UK nationals living in the EU, while the UK remains in the EU.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad/pet-passport

It would be absolutely typical of the British to decide to turn against Brexit on the basis of it's impact on their pets, rather than themselves.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:25 am 

This is the same issue as Open Skies its not hard to sign a new treaty but there is no preparation for a legal abyss the country is staring in the face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:07 pm 

Pet passports were introduced in 2001. Couldn't find anything on Google, but I would bet everything I own that the Express was violently opposed to them at the time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:47 pm 

Opposed to other people having them, anyway.

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:52 pm 

So the EU stopped telling Brits where they could take their pets and now the nutters are complaining that they now will. Lots of comments about EU rabies.

Last edited by youngian on Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:09 pm 

Arnold wrote:
Pet passports were introduced in 2001. Couldn't find anything on Google, but I would bet everything I own that the Express was violently opposed to them at the time.

Rosie Boycott was still Express editor around that time, so probably not.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:24 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Yes, the Express was just about passable at that time, before Desmond turned it into the pathetic joke it is now.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:54 pm 

From this afternoon's debate:
Quote:
Bill Cash says this bill, this whole issue, is about one main question and the word is democracy... whether or not we have the right to govern ourselves in this sacred House.

He adds: "We have just had Remembrance Day... those who died in those two wars died for a reason and that is to maintain democracy in this House."

:roll:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:56 pm 

From the Guardian:
Quote:
It is now clear Mrs May is only acting as a front for the Brexiteers. So why not place the real powers behind the throne on the throne? The following cabinet would reflect the present government policy: prime minister, Boris Johnson; chancellor, Lord Lawson; home secretary, Andrea Leadsom (demoted by May); foreign secretary, David Davis; lord chancellor, Bill Cash; defence, Penny Mordaunt; work and pensions, Iain Duncan Smith (sacked by Cameron); health, Liam Fox (sacked by Cameron); leader of the house, Bernard Jenkin; international development, George Eustice; education, Michael Gove (demoted by Cameron); leader of the Lords, Matt Ridley (former chair, Northern Rock); transport, Chris Grayling; business, Jacob Rees-Mogg; Northern Ireland, Theresa Villiers (sacked by Cameron); Defra, Owen Paterson (sacked by Cameron); communities, Priti Patel (sacked by May); Wales, Stephen Crabb (sacked by May); duchy of Lancaster, John Redwood; culture and sport, John Whittingdale (sacked by Cameron); Scotland, no takers; ambassador in Washington, Nigel Farage. It would be interesting to see what assessments the markets and other countries, parliament and the British public would make of this government of all the talents.

Chris Haskins
House of Lords

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:33 pm 

Quote:
steve hawkes‏Verified account
@steve_hawkes
Iain Duncan Smith on George Freeman: “I am deeply saddened that a colleague who is supposed to be supporting the Government has chosen to attack the result of the referendum in this way.”

Freeman had said there was a danger of Brexit leading to national decline (though bizarrely he later said that he didn't).

That's "attacking the result of the referendum"?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:04 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
No dissent is tolerated. That's democracy.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:09 pm 

George Freeman came out for a bit canvassing for our local Remain campaign. The only Tory MP who did.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:50 pm 

Quote:
Ian Dunt‏Verified @IanDunt
Brexiters are picketing my talk in Bath.
I've never been picketed before. Marvelous.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:29 pm 

So the pro democracy brexiters excuses increase

No one believed the bus
No one voted because of the racist poster
Everyone knew that out meant hard brexit

Soon to include ‘No one believed the Russian accounts’

That’s a lot of time, effort and money spent on a lot of promotional material and propaganda for NONE of it to have hit Home. Not even as little as the 2% swing that would have seen the referendum result going the other way.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/11/15/w ... LGYM?amp=1

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4371 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 281, 282, 283, 284, 285, 286, 287 ... 292  Next