It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228  Next

Re: Brexit Fuckwit Thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:06 pm 

As I think Gisela Stuart pointed out, the problem with the referendum was that any promise made during it was utterly meaningless. The moment it was over, the temporary leave and remain organisations were dissolved. Anything they promised was now moot. Hold individuals to account? No chance - all decisions were 'made in committee', giving every member a personal get-out clause*. Even the promise by the government to honour the result was paper-thin**, and is only being stuck to because Cameron, and now May, are terrified of the pro-leave media and their own backbenchers.

*"Yes, I said that, but that was me representing the organisation (which is now defunct) and not my personal view and besides, things have changed..."

**Change of PM, change of governing party, coalition government, change of circumstances...any of these in other circumstances could lead to a PM saying that whatever had been agreed was now off the table.

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:14 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
The biggest problem with it was that it was really just a bluff to shut up UKIP and no one expected the result.

The result was then that no one really knew what to do next, Cameron bailed, Bojo bottled it and the rest is history.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:58 pm 

Quote:
As I think Gisela Stuart pointed out, the problem with the referendum was that any promise made during it was utterly meaningless. The moment it was over, the temporary leave and remain organisations were dissolved. Anything they promised was now moot. Hold individuals to account? No chance - all decisions were 'made in committee', giving every member a personal get-out clause*.

May has volunteered to be the Brexit BlueKIP leader and as consequence should be held to account for the referendum lies. Unfair? tough shit what's she going to do about it; "I didn't say that nothing to do with me."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:19 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Here's what I think is going to happen. Brexit will cause a massive recession in the UK within the next 2 years and May will be ousted as leader. The Tories will then pick a kind of caretaker manager to get them through to the next election, this could be someone utterly stupid like Rees-Mogg.

The Tories lose the election and Corbyn either scrapes a tiny majority or is the largest party and gets a coalition together with the Lib Dems, Scots/Welsh nationalists and Greens. The recession deepens, Labour and/or coalition get the blame, the Tories ditch whoever lost them the election and, just as the recession is bottoming out, there is another election which the Tories then win, blaming the recession on someone else

And so it goes on, and on

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:17 pm 

From some batshit LeaveEU site

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:01 pm 

Somebody didn't do percentages at school.

Anyway, I'm buying as much EU stuff as I can.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:04 am 

Some top fuckwit whataboutery on LBC over the Charlottesville Nazi riots:

"No one is talking about far left violence which is just as bad. I once went to the theatre and I was surrounded by the Anti Nazi League telling me not to go in because they were showing a racist film"

"Trump has never encouraged people to riot unlike those on the left"
"Like who?"
"Madonna"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:46 am 

Comedy is tragedy plus timing. Well, time for a good laugh from Bernard Jenkin blaming Johnny Foreigner already. Who'd have predicted that?
https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/8 ... 8279359488

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:49 am 

Quote:
Mark‏ @mrkhndy

I've decided to make some motivational posters using some tweets about brexit, alongside a picture of the person who wrote the tweet.

https://twitter.com/mrkhndy/status/890284490228199424

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:41 pm 

Terrifying how many of them refer to Muslims when there is not a single Muslim country within the EU

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:29 pm 

Quote:

Ian Payne was left in disbelief when this caller from Romford proposed banning anybody speaking a foreign language in Britain.

Paul, a builder, said he felt uncomfortable when he heard people not speaking English - so had a radical solution to fix that.

In a shocking statement, he said: “You might be standing somewhere in public and people are checking you out wanting to rob you, just talking blatantly in front of you in their own language and you have no clue what’s going on.”

http://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/i ... k-english/

Quote:

Brexit Voters Fear Betrayal By UK Government

“We voted to come out, so why didn’t they do it straight away? Why have we got to wait?” Reuters reports 64-year-old Chris Murdoch of Chatham, Kent, as asking. “We won’t come out completely because it’s not in their favour”, she added.

Her husband Peter added his own opinion of politicians, voicing the thoughts of many when he stated “They’re all in it for themselves. They’re all two-faced … We don’t trust any of them.”

For many Brexiteers the bottom line is simple: anything other than a radical tightening of Britain’s borders would be a betrayal.

“This used to be a lovely town, Chatham. Now all you hear is foreigners,” said one resident. “They’re coming over getting all the benefits, houses, the lot. Struggle, that’s all we do. It’s not fair.”

“That’s what’s turned us: immigrants and what they get when they come over here,” he said. “Of course it should stop. Blow the tunnel up as well.” https://eutoday.net/news/brexit-voters- ... government

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:42 pm 

Why do I do this to myself getting involved with these Twitter spats?

Quote:
The onus is on you believers to produce evidence of #manmadeglobalwarming (or even just global warming); it's not enough to mock dissenters!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:54 am 

"constructive ambiguity" :roll:

BBC Radio 4 Today‏Verified account @BBCr4today

David Davis says if people not aware of what they want for Brexit that's on purpose. He says "constructive ambiguity" vital for negotiations
12:22 am - 15 Aug 2017

https://twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/8 ... 0521867265

Quote:
Otto English‏ @Otto_English

David Davis is apparently fond of euphemistically billed "big lunches" and "big dinners". Is he fit for office? Does he drink too much?
1:23 am - 15 Aug

Otto English‏ @Otto_English

Brexit is bad enough but with a workshy drunk at the wheel it will presumably be even worse

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:12 am 

Buik is an old buffer City pundit who likes to sound much cleverer than he is with his Brexit wisdom

Quote:

David Buik‏ @truemagic68

Give David Davis a chance to negotiate! Dear God in Heaven!

Early days & maybe its a figment of my imagination but it appears every cynic in town is chucking in adverse comments to David Davis's plans https://twitter.com/truemagic68/status/ ... 1852785664

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:17 am 

Quote:
Simon French‏ @shjfrench 3h
Replying to @truemagic68

What plans? There is nothing but press briefings yet been released. Nothing on DEXEU website....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3411 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 223, 224, 225, 226, 227, 228  Next