It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:37 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next

Re: Grenfell Fuckwit Thread

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:41 pm 

Arnold wrote:
Not quite the same though. The dangers of Aberfan and Grenfell were known before the disasters and Ignored for greater profits.

Sadly Hillsborough was an accident waiting to happen, crushing had happened at two previous semi finals, probably avoided the disaster due to better expertise but it was a death trap ready to be set off.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:57 pm 

I'm sure Corbyn was about to spring into action against this anti-Semitic shit, plus the Hezbollah flags, before he got distracted by the Finsbury Park attack.

What did he say about Grenfell? Some people don't care as much about it. I'm filing Corbyn as not caring about racism against Jews as much as others do.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:58 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
mattomac wrote:
Arnold wrote:
Not quite the same though. The dangers of Aberfan and Grenfell were known before the disasters and Ignored for greater profits.

Sadly Hillsborough was an accident waiting to happen, crushing had happened at two previous semi finals, probably avoided the disaster due to better expertise but it was a death trap ready to be set off.

There was a similar disaster at Ibrox Park in 1971 after a Rangers v Celtic game

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:04 pm 

mattomac wrote:
Arnold wrote:

A similar pattern with many disasters. As long as you keep getting away with it, nobody does anything. Until that one time you don't get away with it...

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:17 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
bluebellnutter wrote:
mattomac wrote:
Arnold wrote:

A similar pattern with many disasters. As long as you keep getting away with it, nobody does anything. Until that one time you don't get away with it...

Harrow and Wealdstone was another, AWS would have prevented it, this had been developed as far back as the early 1900s by the GWR but it was very slow to be rolled out across the entire network. Possibly the fact that it was invented somewhere else stopped other railway companies using it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm 

Would not be even slightly surprising. And it still hadn't been adopted by Lewisham 5 years later. Or Dagenham 6 years later.

A more advanced version, ATP, was developed in the 1970s. This wasn't fitted, leading to the Purley crash in 1989. It still ahdn't been adopted by the time of the Southall crash in 1997. Or the Ladbroke Grove crash in 1999.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:47 pm 

Grenfell doesn't entirely fit with those earlier disasters. The building was upgraded- not just the cladding, but internally too. And the cladding wasn't put on just for the benefit of luxury flats, despite what the Independent suggested. Nobody was upgrading Valley Parade or Hillsborough. It's not straightforward neglect. But the fact that there was plenty of money about makes it worse really.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:48 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
False taxonomy is merely a temporary analgesic.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:00 pm 

Not sure I get you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:09 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
People trying to categorise things which aren't categorisable in order to make sense of a pile of shit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:18 pm 

Ah, I'm with you on that.

And I've had quite enough of broadbrush "the real issues" being brought up. Sure, there's deliberate social cleansing by councils in London, not just Tory ones. But the Tory council didn't do that here with this building, as far as I know. I think they stuck some extra social units in, didn't they, plus extra facilities that would benefit the people who lived in this block.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:30 pm 

I find the clamour for higher death toll numbers a little sickening.

I think I understand those close to the tragedy, but Charlie Wanker of Ipswich... Why do you need the Police and Fire Service to just chuck out a number they have no earthly idea of knowing.

They at this moment can only confirm 78 are dead or missing, they also follow this up with "sadly this is expected to rise".

Now is 78 not good enough for Charlie to make his SWP heavily coated response or are all police and firefighters lying cunts? Maybe these pricks should engage with their brain and realise that those on the ground must have seen horrors and made decisions that we would never hope ever to make.

They are probably making some very horrific discoveries and these keyboard wankers just shout "COVER UP COVER UP" like not declaring the numbers would help anyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:10 pm 

Wow, Nathan Barley, otherwise known as Jamie Kelsey-Fry, has been sending this crap around again, today.

Can somebody on Twitter please tell him to stop being so fucking stupid. Medialens have been retweeting it too. But hey, they're just interested in corporate media distortion.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:19 pm 

Oh, I missed another bit of Lily Allen. The real death toll isn't "58 (so far)", it's "x10".

I'm afraid I don't think she's on our side. Sure, she was really upset and emotional the other day on Channel 4 News. But people have told her why she shouldn't do this stuff. She's got nearly 6m Twitter followers. She was doing it nearly a week after.

I don't think I've gone Mailite to say I'm no more interested in her opinion than I am in Sonia's.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:22 pm 

Hats off to the idiots behind this.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/06 ... g_share_tw

Quote:
He said he and a colleague were suddenly attacked as they entered the building after someone shouted "It's them two".

​His wife, Angela Outram, said: "He got a big bang on the head, he was thumped, he’s been left with a lump on the side of his head. He was really shaken up by it all.

“He had nothing to do with any of this. In fact, he's been volunteering to help the victims.

"The council didn’t warn anyone about this protest. His picture is online with the wrong name attached to it.”

Dave Lister, philosopher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 12  Next