It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Meanwhile, in the Philippines...

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 11:17 am 

Philippines election: voters go to polls as frontrunner pledges to kill criminals

Quote:
“Forget the laws on human rights,” he said. “If I make it to the presidential palace, I will do just what I did as mayor. You drug pushers, hold-up men and do-nothings, you better go out. Because … I’d kill you.”

Quote:
The political establishment has warned that years of solid economic growth is threatened and foreign governments have looked on with trepidation as the country is a key regional player in the South China Sea dispute with Beijing.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 12:40 pm 

A "Daily Mail" candidate.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:17 pm 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... -to-hitler

Quote:
Rodrigo Duterte, the Philippines president, appears to have compared himself to Hitler, saying he would be “happy to slaughter” millions of drug addicts in his bloody war on crime.

During a press conference in his home city of Davao, the former prosecutor told reporters that he had been compared to a “cousin of Hitler” by his critics.

“If Germany had Hitler, the Philippines would have...,” he said, pausing and pointing to himself.

“Hitler massacred three million Jews ... there’s three million drug addicts. There are. I’d be happy to slaughter them.”

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:44 pm 

It is all sorts of fucked up. I went to school with a Filipino dude and stayed in vague contact with him over the years. Turns out he supports (or "doesn't mind" since he thinks of himself as apolitical) Duterte on the basis that it is only criminals being killed and everyone else is just getting on fine. From the various comments a post on the matter he shared on Facebook got this is not an unusual view in the Philippines (second only to out-and-out full throated calls for blood).

This should stand as a stark warning to other nations as to what Law and Order politics entails.