It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Re: Meanwhile, in Israel...

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:55 pm 
SHSL Mailwatcher

mojojojo wrote:
There's no such thing as innocent civilians. Those sleeping children were guilty.

Guilty of what? It can only be being Arabs.

I think the assumption is that every single person in Gaza knows a member of Hamas (and that every member of Hamas is personally launching attacks on Israel), and is protecting them, and therefore is a terrorist themselves.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:00 pm 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

I've just seen an image from Gaza that has really upset me and I wish I could unsee. I won't link to it or describe it but it makes me want to hug my son forever.

Can't fathom what these people are going through. I strongly believe in Israel's right to exist and have always, and still do think that comparisons with Nazis are disgusting, but when you read some cunt calling for genocide, people cheering as bombs kill civilians I'm dumbfounded. And who funking cares? What has Cameron said about this?

This is badly written and not getting across what I want to say but there you go.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:41 pm 

mojojojo wrote:
I've just seen an image from Gaza that has really upset me and I wish I could unsee. I won't link to it or describe it but it makes me want to hug my son forever.

Can't fathom what these people are going through. I strongly believe in Israel's right to exist and have always, and still do think that comparisons with Nazis are disgusting, but when you read some cunt calling for genocide, people cheering as bombs kill civilians I'm dumbfounded. And who funking cares? What has Cameron said about this?

This is badly written and not getting across what I want to say but there you go.

^^ Sometimes, just opening a window on the utter bewilderment is plenty when it comes to making the point. I'll leave it at that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:04 am 

I fear that Israel has gone collectively mad.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 4:18 am 
Well projection is one thing. Let's face it 'we' did similarly shitty things in Afghanistan and Iraq.

So..... let's not speak for all Israelis....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:08 am 
Lord of Flangebury-Under-Scythe

No, you're quite right Rob.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:30 am 
SHSL Mailwatcher

Big Rob wrote:
Well projection is one thing. Let's face it 'we' did similarly shitty things in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Indeed, there is a significant portion of the Israeli people who find the government's actions utterly abhorrent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:31 am 

Obama has admitted that post 9/11 American intelligence officers tortured suspects.

And every day the paper boy brings more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:00 pm 

Big Rob wrote:

Exactly. How many civilians did we kill? How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:19 pm 

Big Rob wrote:

We imprisoned an entire country? I must have missed that...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:22 pm 

Arnold wrote:
How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.

Erm, not that many? Was that your point? One side is fighting to steal land, the other is fighting to survive. Yes, you can blame one side more than the other.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:00 pm 

The only democracy in the Middle East.

Quote:
As mentioned, support for the operation among the Jewish public in Israel is almost absolute. 77% greatly support the aerial bombardment of the Gaza Strip, 17% support it and 4.5% somewhat support it, while only 1.5% of the Jewish public does not support the bombardment.

Regarding support for the ground operation, 49% are greatly supportive, 28% are supportive and 14% are somewhat supportive, compared with only 9% who do not support the ground operations.

Quote:
How should those who disagree with the operation be treated? The findings indicate that 57% agreed or strongly agreed that at wartime all demonstrations of civilians against the military should be prohibited and some 17% somewhat agree with that, so all in all, nearly three-quarters of the Jewish public feels that demonstrations against military activity should be prohibited. Just under half of the public (49%) agreed or strongly agreed that these protesters should be considered traitors.

http://newmedia-eng.haifa.ac.il/?p=6735

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:44 pm 

lord_kobel wrote:
Arnold wrote:
How many of our civilians died in the same wars? Like anyone fighting a war, Israel wants to win. I'm not blaming either side. Not with mankind's propensity for war.

Erm, not that many? Was that your point? One side is fighting to steal land, the other is fighting to survive. Yes, you can blame one side more than the other.

Fighting to survive? By firing rockets that have limited effect in the full knowledge of the consequences? And what about the motives of whoever is supplying Hamas with the rockets? Nobody involved has any concern for Gazan civilians.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:12 pm 

Patrick Cockburn

Sunday 3 August 2014
Israel-Gaza conflict: What has Israel achieved in 26 bloody days?
World View: Hamas is stronger, the Jewish state looks shifty and heartless – and the world's eyes are on Gaza

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 44508.html

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:06 pm 

Arnold wrote:
lord_kobel wrote:
Arnold wrote:

Fighting to survive? By firing rockets that have limited effect in the full knowledge of the consequences? And what about the motives of whoever is supplying Hamas with the rockets? Nobody involved has any concern for Gazan civilians.

What else are they supposed to do against overwhelming oppression and repeated illegal landgrabs?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next