It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:06 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next

Re: The Trump Presidency

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: The Trump Presidency
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:32 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
So where do we go from here?

Maybe some serious shit about collusion with the Russians and loans or some other salacious gossip about him and some tarts in a Moscow hotel is the only hope?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:42 pm 

mr angry manchester wrote:

I'm of the mind he's in the job for the duration. Then hope the Democrats find the right candidate for 2020, which I half-jokingly think should be someone like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:47 pm 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
D.C. Harrison wrote:
mr angry manchester wrote:

I'm of the mind he's in the job for the duration. Then hope the Democrats find the right candidate for 2020, which I half-jokingly think should be someone like Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

How about Stone Cold Steve Austin, who once threw him out of the ring?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:03 pm 

I believe George Clooney is keen to enter into politics. Would be worth it just to see Dacre lose his shit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:05 pm 

Safe_Timber_Man wrote:
I believe George Clooney is keen to enter into politics. Would be worth it just to see Dacre lose his shit.

I think he would be a very popular choice, I do like Clooney, and Amal, as an added bonus, the Mail would explode!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:46 pm 

Actors have a good track record in politics. Arnie has been very impressive lately calling Trump's racist bullshit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 pm 

I'd like Al Franken - a 'celeb' of sorts who proved to be a very good politician.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:59 pm 

Trump is getting very desperate for friends

Quote:
Thank you to respected columnist Katie Hopkins of Daily Mail.com for her powerful writing on the U.K.'s Muslim problems.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:50 pm 

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how low, how cheap, how undignified, and yes - how desperate the once great and respected office of President of the United States of America has become.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:12 pm 

I would note that tweet is from 2015.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:34 pm 

Point taken, but in mitigation, I would state that he was a prick then and he's a prick now. No study of lunatic tyrants is complete without reference to the rise to power. Anybody that voted for this squalid little man deserves everything they get. Unfortunately, those who didn't - a majority, let's not forget - will suffer along with the more deserving.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:21 pm 

This is possibly the maddest thing I've heard Trump say and that's a very high bar. He's claiming the national debt is being reduced by the stock market rallying. Trump also confirmed he'd spoken to the President of the US Virgin Islands. That's him.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:04 am 

A lot of people argue that it will be worse if Trump left the Presidency (for whatever reason) and Pence took over. I only think it may be worse at a domestic level for the US, not on a global scale. It's worse having a narcissistic, tantrum-throwing egocentric bully with no understanding whatsoever of nuclear arms and the widespread devastation they cause, with his finger on the button, than any other possible alternative, no matter how right-wing and backwards they are in their views. If Pence takes them back to the 19th century they can vote him out in 2020. The most pressing concern at the minute is Trump., his antagonising of nations with nuclear arms, and the most worrying of all is whether his fragile ego will cause him to pre-emp a nuclear strike when he's having one of his hissy fits.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 am 

Quote:
A lot of people argue that it will be worse if Trump left the Presidency (for whatever reason) and Pence took over.

I was of that view when Trump looked like the buffoon love child of Sarah Palin and Berlusconi but the man is dangerously mentally ill.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:24 am 

youngian wrote:
Quote:
A lot of people argue that it will be worse if Trump left the Presidency (for whatever reason) and Pence took over.

I was of that view when Trump looked like the buffoon love child of Sarah Palin and Berlusconi but the man is dangerously mentally ill.

Some idiot on the comments section of a Guardian article yesterday said it was funny how the left are all suddenly psychiatrists. Using that logic, you need to have a qualification in meteorology to determine if it's raining out. It ignores the fact many Republican colleagues of Trump's are of the same view. This idiot was shown a link to a book which features over two dozen professional psychiatrists who think Trump is mentally unstable, to which his response was "have they examined the patient?" Again, using his logic then nobody other than the residents of California know if there are wildfires there or not, because we aren't there to see for ourselves.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2501 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 162, 163, 164, 165, 166, 167  Next