It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:09 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next

Re: SNP

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: SNP
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:23 pm 

Not sure if this guy's a member or a fellow traveller.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15486841.Wings_Over_Scotland_author_arrested_after_woman_alleges_harassment/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:34 pm 

Littlejohn's brain wrote:
How about not the SNP Nicola?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-s ... s-40975105

Quote:
Nicola Sturgeon has said she wishes she could turn the clock back and change the Scottish National Party's name.
The SNP leader admitted the word "national" could be "hugely problematic" during a debate at the Edinburgh International Book Festival.

Even more problematic with the Tartan Tories going back to the mothership. I know some SNP leave voters were playing games but an SNP Brexiter must be easy to distinguish from a ray of sunshine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:57 pm 

Quote:
SUPPORT for Scottish independence has surged over the summer, according to a new opinion poll.

Backing is now 46 per cent in favour, up three cent per cent from June.

The latest Survation poll also brings welcome news for Labour, predicting the party would become Scotland's second-largest part again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:33 pm 

and this proves what exactly?

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:12 pm 

Just interesting. There was a poll fairly recently, that suggested that the percentage wanting a second referendum had dropped.
I couldn't understand why the Scottish Tories did so well at the last GE. Now Labour seem to be on the up again. Anything could happen before we leave the EU.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:31 pm 

Arnold wrote:
Just interesting. There was a poll fairly recently, that suggested that the percentage wanting a second referendum had dropped.
I couldn't understand why the Scottish Tories did so well at the last GE. Now Labour seem to be on the up again. Anything could happen before we leave the EU.

Of course it is interesting. We all know that the polls are up and down at the moment as sentiment seems to shift in line with the need for a modicum of stability in a desperately uncertain world. Add to that the MOE (which, I believe is three percent rather than three points on each of those raw numbers.) At that point, and when all things are considered, we have a shift of opinion which is could potentially be interesting.

Some 7% being added to the independence cause? After a summer which should, just this once, have been cancelled in order to concentrate on the irrevocable direction of travel, many in Scotland might just be wondering whether the upheaval of another IndyRef is worthwhile, after all. Perhaps it is.

Of course, it is just an opinion poll snapshot and indeed proves nothing - as the previous poster needlessly and aggressively reminds us.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:30 pm 

Quote:
I couldn't understand why the Scottish Tories did so well at the last GE

I can

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:05 am 

SNP overreach with that second referendum vote. Davidson positioned herself as more Brexit-sceptical than the UK Tories, so she needs to deliver on that, or those SNP MPs are coming back next time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:15 am 

Polling's higher for independence and 'don't know' now than before the ScotsRef (about a third were indy at the beginning of the campaign) but polling for wanting another bloody referendum, however, is understandably very low. The Tories are really going to have fuck Brexit it up to give Sturgeon the green light. And even then there may be a swing to Labour.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:28 am 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
SNP overreach with that second referendum vote. Davidson positioned herself as more Brexit-sceptical than the UK Tories, so she needs to deliver on that, or those SNP MPs are coming back next time.

And don't forget the total absence of a credible Labour challenge.

Now they've a leadership race with one candidate a multi-millionaire business owner whose company doesn't recognize unions and pays below the minimum wage (according to the Herald)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:04 am 

Indyref 2 wasn't imminent though. It would never have been called unless there was a real chance of a yes vote. Another "no" really would settle the matter for a generation.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:57 am 

Well I was under the impression that the indy referendum was once in a generation, clearly once in a generation whenever the hell we feel like it. Sarwar is a minority shareholder in that company not the owner, also he's probably not going to win Ritchie Leonard will, which on the plus side he's English so the SNP can make plenty of dog whistle attacks on him over that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:36 pm 

Bones McCoy wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

And don't forget the total absence of a credible Labour challenge.

Now they've a leadership race with one candidate a multi-millionaire business owner whose company doesn't recognize unions and pays below the minimum wage (according to the Herald)

It's not really his company. He's a minority shareholder. It's the living wage they pay below, I think.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:43 pm 

Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Well I was under the impression that the indy referendum was once in a generation

When one of the major planks of the No campaign was "vote No to stay in the EU", I think there's a fair case for ignoring the last one and starting again.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:01 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
If I were a Scot that would certainly be my position.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1525 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 98, 99, 100, 101, 102  Next