It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

UKIP LGBT

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: UKIP LGBT
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:09 pm 
I herd u liek Ukips

I thought I might introduce you folks to our LGBT page on Facebook. Just for fun. :wink:

http://www.facebook.com/UkipLgbt

"Emmett is able to write fairly well, he clearly isn't unintelligent overall" - Quote MALCO - Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Post subject: Re: UKIP LGBT
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:14 pm 

Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
I can't do better than five letters (TULIP) from today's conundrum, which I assume is what the thread title is. Can dictionary corner do better?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:19 pm 

I can match that with BUILT - should have gone for more vowels I think.

Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Thu Feb 31, 2021 18:60 am, edited 666 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:25 pm 

And also why's this piece of crap in General Mail Discussion ?

Can an admin move it to where it belongs. Use your own discretion on that. :wink:

Last edited by Carlos The Badger on Thu Feb 31, 2021 18:60 am, edited 666 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:39 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Bloody hell, that's a rotten piece of design work. Had Narglefargle been down the pub?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:43 pm 
I herd u liek Ukips

I did post it in the wrong forum didn't I - twat

"Emmett is able to write fairly well, he clearly isn't unintelligent overall" - Quote MALCO - Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 pm

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:46 pm 

"The Builder's Fist" takes on a whole new set of connotations.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:20 pm 

Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
It's very nice that Ukip has an LGBT section — congratulations, you're not the BNP. However, the party is still opposed to gay marriage, describing it as "political correctness". It is engaged in some preposterous fearmongering with its claims that, if a bill is passed, churchgoers who disapprove of gay marriage could be prosecuted for a hate crime. And Ukip representatives have repeatedly linked homosexuality with paedophilia, incest and polygamy, and suggested it is a disease that needs curing.

The other parties aren't perfect, of course. But if Ukip LGBT is to be taken as anything more serious than a PR ploy to make Farage and co seem cuddly and big-tentish, the party needs to change its policies and take action against outspoken homophobes. I'm not holding my breath.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:39 pm 

I imagine it will go the way of the EDL's LGBT Division which collapsed after the EDL attacked Bristol's Pride march in July. When EDLers started boasting on FB about "seeing off the perverts" the few LGBT members they had publicly denounced them and left.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:52 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
After all, it's 'just for fun'. How cynical can you get?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:00 pm 

OH! Sorry, I didn't click on the link. :oops: I thought this was about; Lunatics, Gobshites, Bullshitters and Twats. But as I now know what it's actually about the UKIP bit in the title doesn't seem so redundant.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:25 pm 

UKIP has a long way to go and a lot of house-cleaning to do before it can even begin to be described as gay-friendly:

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2012/05/02/co ... dangerous/

I have a lot of gay friends and I an aften surprised how many of them are Conservative supporters. It's a shameful embarassment to admit to people that some of my best friends are...Tories. Doubt if any of them would stoop so low as UKIP, though.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 pm 

Emmett may be interested to hear that I had a very interesting conversation with a couple of UKIPers on You Tube last night. One was a white supremacist, the other was not so moderate and resorted to making offensive remarks about the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Take a look, he calls himself ukculture http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40chOBOUKBI

Last edited by oboogie on Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 pm 
I herd u liek Ukips

ezinra wrote:
It's very nice that Ukip has an LGBT section — congratulations, you're not the BNP. However, the party is still opposed to gay marriage, describing it as "political correctness". It is engaged in some preposterous fearmongering with its claims that, if a bill is passed, churchgoers who disapprove of gay marriage could be prosecuted for a hate crime. And Ukip representatives have repeatedly linked homosexuality with paedophilia, incest and polygamy, and suggested it is a disease that needs curing.

The other parties aren't perfect, of course. But if Ukip LGBT is to be taken as anything more serious than a PR ploy to make Farage and co seem cuddly and big-tentish, the party needs to change its policies and take action against outspoken homophobes. I'm not holding my breath.

You can have the best policies in the world but you'll never get every ejit with the remotest connection with the party to know or follow them. Maybe a military dictatorship might manage the issues of order and discipline in such a way that these stories wouldn't come up but that's not the county we live in. Anything which has happened under the UKIP umbrella is magnified x10 in other longer established parties.

The second link. The man in the picture is a friend of the party and the whole thing was a stunt designed to draw attention to the fact that he was choosing UKIP over BP.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:39 pm 
I herd u liek Ukips

oboogie wrote:
Emmett may be interested to hear that I had a very interesting conversation with a couple of UKIPers on You Tube last night. One was a white supremacist, the other was not so moderate and resorted to making offensive remarks about the Scots, Welsh and Irish. Look him up he calls himself ukculture and the vid is called "No Ugly Duckling".
Never heard of this before. Not a decision maker or policy creator. You can't choose who supports you.