It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 3:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Re: Nigel Farage

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Nigel Farage
PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:28 pm 

Bones McCoy wrote:
The Rationalist wrote:
I'll have his liver!

Johnny Walker's already had it.

He's had an adverse reaction and keeps playing Tina Turner's Simply the best on his radio show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:04 pm 

Kreuzberger wrote:
Boiler wrote:
Why have I got Gary Gilmore's Eyes running through my head now?

Tip: Going to see TV Smith live is a great way to spend an evening. He does around 200 acoustic shows a year plus a few more with The Bored Teenagers, playing the full back catalogue. I see him at least three times a year - always immense.

Ta for that, Kreuzy. :) I see that he also performed the aforementioned track with Die Toten Hosen as well! I'd watch/listen on my phone now but my crummy Samsung won't play more than a few seconds of a YouTube video without buffering for 30 seconds (it's only YouTube that does this. iPlayer? No sweat.)

In a totally different vein, I was hoping to see Graham Gouldman this week but a curry night with some former colleagues took precedent.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:19 pm 

Quote:
I was hoping to see Graham Gouldman this week

Good call does he still look like George Monbiot?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:50 pm 

Boiler wrote:
... Die Toten Hosen ...

Nice to see our erstwhile support bands doing so well, as Campino never tires of telling me ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:21 pm 

Quote:
@BBCEssex
.@Nigel_Farage has sold fewer tickets for his appearance at @PrincesTheatre in #Clacton than an Elvis tribute act

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:15 pm 

Farage claimed today that Hilary Clinton was making herself look ridiculous. I hope he can find some polish for his brass neck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:03 am 

youngian wrote:
Quote:
@BBCEssex
.@Nigel_Farage has sold fewer tickets for his appearance at @PrincesTheatre in #Clacton than an Elvis tribute act

Haw about a rebrand as the Bootleg Moseleys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:57 am 

I have some sympathy for Farage on wall to wall Hillary promoting her book whining on about why she was hard done by last year. You're not a good campaigner Hillary, self-entitled and you've been around too long to even have gone after the nomination you previously lost to a black man with a Muslim name.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:32 am 

Dynastic presidencies. Had it with the Bushes, Clinton trying the same.

No wonder the Yanks went for Trump.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:56 am 

Oh my fucking god

https://amp.theguardian.com/commentisfr ... y-alliance

Quote:
Because if there’s one person who’s in the middle of all of this, but who has escaped any proper scrutiny, it’s Nigel Farage. That’s Nigel Farage, who led the Leave.EU campaign, which is being investigated by the Electoral Commission alongside Cambridge Analytica, about whether the latter made an “impermissible donation” of services to the leave campaign. Nigel Farage who visited Donald Trump and then Julian Assange. Who is friends with Steve Bannon and Robert Mercer. Who headed an organisation – Ukip – which has multiple, public, visible but almost entirely unreported Russian connections. Who is paid by the Russian state via the broadcaster RT, which was banned last week from Twitter. And who appears like clockwork on British television without any word of this.

This is a power network that involves WikiLeaks and Farage, and Cambridge Analytica and Farage, and Robert Mercer and Farage. Steve Bannon, former vice president of Cambridge Analytica, and Farage. It’s Nigel Farage and Brexit and Trump and Cambridge Analytica and WikiLeaks… and, if the Senate intelligence committee and the House intelligence committee and the FBI are on to anything at all, somewhere in the middle of all that, Russia.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:36 am 

Quote:
There is a vacuum where questions should be, the committees, the inquiries, the headlines on the TV bulletins.

Is it because Carol Cadwalladr's articles are just hearsay?

Anyone can hire a data mining firm like Cambridge Analytica I don't see what they have done illegal or that it is a shock that Farage has mates who are as unsavoury as he is. Cameron and Corbyn both ran shit campaigns in the EURef after three decades of relentless anti-European propaganda that's why they lost.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:27 am 

youngian wrote:

I must confess, after reading and re-reading, that I'm not seeing too much meat on the bones either.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:50 pm 

Just gonna leave this here...

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/stat ... 6816994305

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:21 pm 

youngian wrote:
Quote:

Anyone can hire a data mining firm like Cambridge Analytica I don't see what they have done illegal or that it is a shock that Farage has mates who are as unsavoury as he is. Cameron and Corbyn both ran shit campaigns in the EURef after three decades of relentless anti-European propaganda that's why they lost.

The question is whether Cambridge Analytica worked for free and whether that was a benefit in kind which appears not to have been declared within the Electoral Commission's regime. Then, that opens up the Pandora's Box of other underhand, dodgy or downright improper actions which, taken in the round, were enough to swing it.

Cadwalladr's articles - for she is a journalist - are of course just hearsay. That is another (albeit dismissive) word for the product of investigative journalism. Until there is a proper investigation and this comes before the courts, we'll never really know what went on during those last few desperate weeks of the campaign.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:07 pm 

Put it in the wastepaper basket I'll read it later

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next