It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:57 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Re: Corbyn's reshuffle Part 17

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:45 pm 

Shit that's not good news about the NEC.

I was commenting the other week that Corbyn supporters are no different to anyone else and would welcome gravitas on the team however much they profess a liking for the authentic scruffy amateur. Knowing our luck Starmer will turn out to be bloody hopeless but if not I still think he's best placed to beat Corbyn if Jez continues to melt down. I've only seen one Corbynbot on Twitter (and that's for the outer reaches of Corbynite space cadets) accuse him of being a Blairite stooge so far. Even that Lexit looney Nelson from Thurrock has a good word for him.
https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/sta ... 6972772352

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:06 pm 

mattomac wrote:
I don't think the demotion of Clive Lewis has gone down that well.

And frankly it's slightly barmy, this mandate has in my view gone to his head, I can't see Nick Brown or the rumoured Damien McBride putting up with the usual rubbish he has been doing for the last 12 months. People bang on about Milne but we know for a fact how obstructed he has been by Corbyn in doing his job.

It's not Milne who has been responsible for the appalling ability Corbyn has shown, that stops with him, and apparently Milne has been keeping notes he won't go quietly and again how damaging that could be who knows.

I think it's a promotion to Business from Defence, in the current climate. But I'm worried about the apparent sliding back from pragmatically accepting Trident.

Ossamor served Corbyn but is she a nailed on Corbynite? Debbie Abrahams isn't, and she worked with Corbyn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:33 pm 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
But I'm worried about the apparent sliding back from pragmatically accepting Trident.

Anything that upsets Len (or rather those that he owes his position to) is fine by me. Corbyn ultimately puts his virtue before political pragmaticism or power.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:39 pm 

youngian wrote:
Shit that's not good news about the NEC.

I was commenting the other week that Corbyn supporters are no different to anyone else and would welcome gravitas on the team however much they profess a liking for the authentic scruffy amateur. Knowing our luck Starmer will turn out to be bloody hopeless but if not I still think he's best placed to beat Corbyn if Jez continues to melt down. I've only seen one Corbynbot on Twitter (and that's for the outer reaches of Corbynite space cadets) accuse him of being a Blairite stooge so far. Even that Lexit looney Nelson from Thurrock has a good word for him.
https://twitter.com/PeoplesMomentum/sta ... 6972772352

I thought he was Labour's Brexit shadow minister must have missed when Labour became momentum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:13 pm 

The point is he has a stamp of approval with Momentum that Owen Smith never achieved before standing. As Diane Abbot found out in the London Mayoral nomination even Corbyn supporters are willing to back a winner when they see one. I'm not saying Starmer is a dead cert to fly but Benn, Chuka or Watson have very little chance of persuading 20 per cent of Corbyn voters to switch in a leadership race. Starmer has a proven anti-Iraq war record and has weaved on Trident renewal. Economic policy is a piece of piss to sell to Corbynites as you just promise unicorns and rainbows generated from the magic money machine. Now it's just a matter of time if he wants the crown. Unless Corbyn improves of course but that's unlikely.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:53 am 

Already Keir looks miles ahead of most of his fellow shadow cabinet team and he has only been in the job 3 days.