It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Re: Ken Livingstone

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Ken Livingstone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:26 pm 

What a fucking joke, look I hate to sound like a mailite but if he'd something similar about black people or Muslims would he have been suspended for 12 months? No he wouldn't, nor would he have had the support he's received from some quarters.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:33 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
Labour: setting the news agenda...

Along with giving Tom Bradby something to snigger about on the 10 o'clock News with Corbyn's apparently brilliant takedown of the MSM who dared to ask why he doesn't resign; "Its your responsibility to make sure the opposition voice is heard," slams Jez sticking it to the Tory MSM stooge. Daft cunt.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:36 pm 

Littlejohn's brain wrote:
What a fucking joke, look I hate to sound like a mailite but if he'd something similar about black people or Muslims would he have been suspended for 12 months? No he wouldn't, nor would he have had the support he's received from some quarters.

Yeah, it's not ideal. But it's a pragmatic "fuck off, and think about what a moron you are, and this way you can't appeal and piss us all about even more".

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:04 am 

Will Ken let it go? he'll carry on digging until only Alex Jones on Info Wars interviews him.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:29 am 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Littlejohn's brain wrote:

Yeah, it's not ideal. But it's a pragmatic "fuck off, and think about what a moron you are, and this way you can't appeal and piss us all about even more".

Except many Jewish people won't see it that way.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:49 am 

They'do prefer him expelled, I'm sure. But I don't know if that would stand up to a legal challenge.

I hope he's being leaned on pretty hard to withdraw for the sake of the team.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:14 am 

Let's send a clear message that this won't be tolerated in the party....

Expel him? Still be a member? Yeah that's tough enough.

:roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:28 am 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
I hope he's being leaned on pretty hard to withdraw for the sake of the team.

For the sake of the team is clearly an alien concept to Corbyn and his acolytes like Kenny.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:44 am 

Tom Watson in no mood to tiptoe around. And his anger is directed at Ken digging further as much as the original offence which he could of shown contrition and fucked off for.

Quote:
I find it incomprehensible that our elected lay members on the disciplinary panel found Ken Livingstone guilty of such serious charges, and then concluded that he can remain a member of the Labour party.
When I read the words of chief rabbi Mirvis, who says that ‘the Labour party has failed the Jewish community, it has failed its members and it has failed all those who believe in zero tolerance of anti-semitism’, I can’t disagree with him. I wish I could, but I can’t. I am ashamed that we have allowed Mr Livingstone to cause such distress.
It isn’t just Jewish people who feel disgusted and offended by what Mr Livingstone said and by the way he has conducted himself over this matter, and it isn’t just Jewish Labour members who feel ashamed of any indulgence of his views anywhere in the Labour party. This shames us all, and I’m deeply saddened by it.
Mr Livingstone’s unrepentant media appearances in recent days have continued to discredit the party I love. His current behaviour is still bringing the Labour party into disrepute. It is hard not to conclude that his use of inflammatory language to dismiss the fully justified outrage of the Jewish community and others will incite further distortions of the Holocaust in our public discourse.
My party is not living up to its commitment to have a zero tolerance approach to anti-semitism. I will continue the fight to ensure that it does, and I will press my colleagues to do so too.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:48 am 

And now in PMQs, it won't matter if Jez brings up Saudi, Gibraltar, Michael Howard or Easter eggs, all May has to do is refer to this.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:33 pm 

Quote:
BBC Breaking News‏ Verified account @BBCBreaking 28 seconds ago

Labour's governing committee to review comments made by Ken Livingstone after his suspension, Jeremy Corbyn says

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:01 pm 

Fair play to him. He announced it in committee speak, but he's clearly trying to sort it out.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:48 pm 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:49 am 

David Baddiel has provided an excellent response to Ken on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/david.baddiel. ... nref=story

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am 

The worst part of all this is I think this is just at its core a cantankerous old man who thinks he's got something right and isn't willing to let it go. In many cases the exact same level of stubbornness would be mild BBC sitcom fare. Here, it's delighting racists and helping hasten the demise of the labour party.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next