It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:52 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Re: The Life and Times of Cllr Karen Danczuk

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:08 pm 

It's getting messy.
Quote:
Victim or self-obsessed fantasist? Selfie-loving MP's wife Karen Danczuk claimed this week she poses for sexy snaps because she was abused as a child. Her mother and brothers tell a different story

Quote:
‘I haven’t a clue who this person is, because we never had a family friend that visited regularly,’ she insists. ‘Karen shared a bedroom with her sister, Claire. I would never have let a man up the stairs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3SfBt1E56

Quote:
Man, 36, arrested and bailed over Karen Danczuk sex abuse claims says he is part of 'X Factor sob story'

Quote:
Mrs Danczuk, the wife of crusading anti-child sex abuse MP Simon, revealed last week that she was allegedly raped and sexually assaulted 'hundreds of times' as a child at her family home in Manchester
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3Sf9APMtV

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:14 pm 

Yep, messy. Her original story was that she was raped hundreds of times from the age of 6 by a man in the family's social circle. If the police have arrested a 36 year old, then that's someone who would have been 11 when the abuse started. It's entirely possible for an 11 year old to rape, it's just not her original claim. She may have changed some details for good reason (to protect someone perhaps?), but at the moment she's not said why the story has changed.

The Mail pushes a 'false rape agenda' giving great publicity to such cases. It also reports rape in a titillating way. This case has allegations of rape, allegations of false rape claims by her family, plus cleavage selfies. It's also got a quite damaged crazy lady (a la Liz Jones) at the heart of it, and a couple of people who are no credit to the Labour Party. It's Dacre's wet dream.

I work from the assumption that someone who says she's been abused is telling the truth, unless there's evidence to the contrary. Just because I don't find her likeable that doesn't mean she's untruthful. The problem is that if all this turns out not to be true, then the Mail will use this against genuine victims for years to come.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:34 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
We don't know for certain if the arrested man is the person she has reported as raping her.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:31 pm 

I think we'd be wise to not speculate here.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 7:32 pm 

Quite.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:20 pm 

Slow motion car crash.

Quote:
Revealed: MP's selfie queen wife says it's her brother who raped her... and he hits back claiming it's an outrageous falsehood

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3T2OK6pL6

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:18 am 

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/com ... 69391.html

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 7:18 am 

Location: 'An English seaport town, principally remarkable for mud, Jews and sailors' – Dickens
Arnold wrote:
Slow motion car crash.

It's nothing like a car crash. It's a hunt.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 12:05 pm 

It's a hunt by a pack of bullies on a woman who clearly has a number of issues, from childhood abuse to apparently very low self-esteem. It couldn't be calculated more finely to make her difficulties even worse.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:17 pm 

I think it might be opportune to lock this thread for now. Whilst I know the mainline of posters here are decent humans, I'm also aware that troll accounts aren't a new thing here, and I've no wish to see the kind of misogynist shit that they'd be spewing.