It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:05 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Re: What's going wrong for Labour?

Sponsor

Sponsor

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 3:02 pm 

Catkins wrote:
Also in the Mail, Andrew MacKinlay who stood down in 2010 has stuck the boot into Ed. What the hell is he playing at?

This is uncomradely of me but when I think of all the people in my CLP spending money they can hardly spare (in my case at least) and hours per week of their free time to do what they can to elect a Labour Government, and then see some twat like MacKinlay jumping up and down shouting LOOK AT ME with no thought of its practical effects... it just makes me want to throw something.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:28 pm 

Agnes wrote:
Catkins wrote:
Also in the Mail, Andrew MacKinlay who stood down in 2010 has stuck the boot into Ed. What the hell is he playing at?

This is uncomradely of me but when I think of all the people in my CLP spending money they can hardly spare (in my case at least) and hours per week of their free time to do what they can to elect a Labour Government, and then see some twat like MacKinlay jumping up and down shouting LOOK AT ME with no thought of its practical effects... it just makes me want to throw something.

I know he's an arse and it is very demorlaising when your slogging you guts out and ex-MPs and current MPs are mouthing off to the Daily Mail

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:00 pm 

Whoever defects needs to be totally sure it's them not the party that gets the elected both Field and Hoey though carry a personal vote are seats that a defection to UKIP they could lose, Birkenhead and by default that area has roughly see through Farage, Liverpool's biggest impact was the greens at the last council elections.

Vauxhall again is not an area that would be queuing up to vote UKIP another an area that UKIP made no impact.

Austin Mitchell though he is off has said he wouldn't and I'm not sure he would win as his popularity is shot as much as the party.

Seats were I expect could be ample to a UKIP threat don't have many particular dissidents, I think Carswell is talking shit.

I still believe for UKIP to make such a massive impact they need low turnouts, I believe we will have something above 75% in May.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:46 pm 

Quote:
I know he's an arse and it is very demorlaising when your slogging you guts out and ex-MPs and current MPs are mouthing off to the Daily Mail

There are two reasons why MacKinlay put the boot in. The Labour candidate for Thurrock is a former aide to Ed, and she beat MacKinlay's daughter Sarah to the nomination.

The Tories hold Thurrock by a majority of 92. You can imagine how ecstatic the incumbent Tory MP is tonight after this intervention.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:03 pm 

Fuck him the cunt.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:22 pm 

Be my guest...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:54 pm 

Quote:
Despite their flaws, even Foot and Kinnock demonstrated qualities which Ed lacks.
Kinnock bravely tackled Militant Tendency and Foot was one the greatest orators of all time.
The reason they both lost to Margaret Thatcher was because voters could not imagine either man standing in front of No 10. Ed has the same problem.

That'll be matey bacon sarnie munching Maggie who became PM because she's just one of us and we'd like to have a pint with her.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z3G2YYPZnY

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:18 pm 

Excellent piece by Sunny Hundal

http://liberalconspiracy.org/2014/10/12 ... from-ukip/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6