It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Re: Labour Uncut

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Labour Uncut
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:57 pm 

new puritan wrote:

It was what he hoped rather than believed, and the irony is that's what I wrote about 4 or 5 posts above.... what I hoped rather than I believed.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:16 am 

Philip Marlow wrote:
In fairness, this bit is accurate as can be...

Quote:
The silent majority is also why Liz Kendall will surprise many people with her result

It's true. I'm surprised she even got 4%.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:57 pm 

They're not happy.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/10/02/brighton-rock-a-tale-of-two-labour-conferences/

Quote:
Wiser heads acknowledged that, despite the heady, bar-room talk of fomenting revolution, a swift de-capitation is not on the cards. After all, the leader has a mandate, and a huge one at that.

Yes, he will make his own mistakes and mis-steps, as he has many times already in just the last two, short weeks since becoming leader. But whilst these need to be encouraged and promoted, they will not be the end of him in themselves.

They are a necessary, but not sufficient, criteria for his regime to fall.

Now a part of me thinks this is the equivalent of that magic movie trope, when the Super Villain throws back his head, cackles loudly, and proceeds to tender an unnecessarily all-encompassing run-down of his plans for world domination. The other part of me wonders if, despite the apparently inability of certain resistance members to keep their traps shut, the wrecking crew aren't too well supported to thwart. I suppose we'll see.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:58 am 

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2015/10/11/th ... more-20333

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:18 pm 

Quote:
Q

people’s QE – The printing presses of the Weimar republic.

Jesus wept, it really is like reading the Telegraph.

Are any of that lot ever going to try to explain why their candidate got 4.5%? Beyond 'everyone else is mental' that is. They're as sectarian and condescending as any Trot would-be vanguard party.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:16 pm 

new puritan wrote:
Are any of that lot ever going to try to explain why their candidate got 4.5%? Beyond 'everyone else is mental' that is. They're as sectarian and condescending as any Trot would-be vanguard party.

'Everyone else is mental' appears to be a close relation of 'You've got Tartan Fever boy! Tartan Fever!', which remains the favoured explanation of some people for what happened to Labour's support in Scotland.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:51 pm 

Presented without comment.

Quote:
I have a confession to make. If David Cameron was Conservative leader in 2020 fighting an election against a Jeremy Corbyn-led Labour then I would have no choice. I’d vote Conservative for the first time in my life.

I wouldn’t duck the choice with a vote for Tim Farron’s ludicrous Liberal Democrats. Farron has done nothing to build on some of Nick Clegg’s smart, centrist positioning while detoxifying the party from its shambolic U-turns and dreadfully naïve politics when in coalition.

http://labour-uncut.co.uk/2016/02/05/th ... e-in-2020/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:23 pm 

Presumably his "I couldn't vote for Labour" will be seen as terrible and totally different to all the people who "couldn't vote Labour" under Blair, Brown or Miliband.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:49 pm 

bluebellnutter wrote:
Presumably his "I couldn't vote for Labour" will be seen as terrible and totally different to all the people who "couldn't vote Labour" under Blair, Brown or Miliband.

But those people couldn't vote for Labour because they didn't agree with the leadership and its policies which is totally different from Sam Dale who disagrees with the leadership or and its policies. Two further things here

1: Cameron is highly unlikely to be Tory leader in 2020.

2: This is a pointless thought piece.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:04 pm 

bluebellnutter wrote:

I was mainly amused by the bit about Clegg's 'smart, centrist positioning' to be honest. That smart centrist positioning which saw his party reduced to, er, eight MPs. Impossible to take the rest of the argument seriously after that - I mean, talk about 'no compromise with the electorate'. I think 'centrist' purists are actually the most annoying purists primarily because they think they aren't.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:34 pm 

Ah, now there we can agree. He's also bang on about Farron dodging the questions over that as well.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:58 pm 

Go to bed little man you're pissed
Quote:
Farron has done nothing to build on some of Nick Clegg’s smart, centrist positioning

Last edited by youngian on Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:40 pm 

Quote:
The Conservatives have made no secret of their desire to (occasionally) pitch to people like me since their May election victory. It’s not easy to prise away Labour tribalists but are making good progress.

No, you utter disgrace of a vacuous idiot, the Conservatives have made no secret of their desire to lob the odd liberal-sounding platitude your way, all the while carrying on business-as-usual, so that you, and people like you, will write drivel like this. Actually voting for the fuckers...There are, as Jack Parlabane once said, "some right self-abuse experts in the world."

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:06 pm 

Yay! A fellow Brookmyre fan!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:07 am 

Of course this will be dragged out by the Corbynites to prove that any Blairite or suspected Blairite is almost certainly going to vote Tory.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 397 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next