It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 500  Next

Re: Labour, Generally.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Labour, Generally.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:22 pm 

Samanfur wrote:
Is that the same event as the 'Tories Out!' demonstration at Castlefield? It's on the same day.

Not sure. They were outside the back entrance of the Town Hall on Tuesday handing leaflets out and I only had a quick look, as it was pissing down with rain (natch) and I wanted to get inside.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:42 pm 

I know that there's something happening on the 9th, as well. I'll ask around.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:47 am 

Good news on policy support for Labour but work to do on convincing people Labour are a government in waiting (weren't Kinnock's policies were more popular than the Tories?). If Jez really wants the top job he knows what he must do: Demote McDonnell, Abbot and Thornberry and bring in some big guns in like Benn.

Quote:
The British public has given overwhelming backing to major parts of Jeremy Corbyn’s policy agenda, new polling has revealed.

The exclusive survey for The Independent shows the Labour leader’s plan to cap the excessive pay of “fat cat” executives is among the most popular proposals – winning backing from 69 per cent of people.

Mr Corbyn’s call to scrap tuition fees altogether is also backed to some degree by a majority,

Nationalising the railways also received majority support, with 55 per cent of the public saying they backed it either “strongly” or “somewhat”, while nationalising utilities “such as water and electricity” won the approval of 57 per cent in the weighted poll.

Asked “do you see the Labour Party as a government in waiting”, 44 per cent of people said no, while 33 per cent of people said they did and 24 per cent said they did not know. http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/po ... 49471.html

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:28 pm 

Throughout the Thatcher years opinion polls regularly backed Labour policies. It meant nothing then, and nothing's changed.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:02 pm 

Labour has sustained its election bounce with poll ratings in the early 40s. They should be in the early 50s.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:57 pm 

I see Dawn Butler promised that pay rises wouldn't go above inflation. That's the nearest thing to a big decision they've made so far.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 pm 

Street fighter John McDonnell is going to be having some tough battles with shadow chancellor McDonnell over public sector pay and social security.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:10 am 

lord_kobel wrote:
Might head down to this in a couple of weeks: https://www.stopbrexitinbrighton.com/

So, is anyone going to this tomorrow? I'm down in Brighton for my birthday today, so not sure if I'll be down again tomorrow but either way I probably won't be able to get on here much.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm 

I'm in Brighton for the conference at the moment. I may slip out of the venue for a little while.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:51 am 

I'm probably going to have my disco cane and Labour In sign, so come and say hi if you spot me. Probably also a massive birthday badge somewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:21 pm 

Meanwhile Momentum show how much they beleive in party democracy by trying to make sure brexit isn't debated at conference.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:41 pm 

How does that work have Momentum a bloc vote veto over resolutions? Brexit is hostage to events that are likely to send the Tories so far up Shit's Creek only Kate Hoey would lend them a paddle.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:36 pm 

Through the priorities ballot.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:14 pm 

Presumably because hey know that there is increasingly large support for trying to stop the whole thing and don't want it to risk dear leader's anti EU attitudes.

Fuck you then, Labour. And fuck you Corbyn. You own this brexit clusterfuck every bit as much as Farage, Johnson and the rest of the right wing Tory cunts you laughably claim to 'oppose'.

You're a fucking joke.

:evil:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:28 pm 

Conference update:

Len McCluskey on 2017 election campaign: "The whingers and whiners say we didn't win. I say we did win."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 500  Next