It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

Re: Momentum

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Momentum
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:23 pm 

Arch Blairite baddie John McTernan has joined Momentum

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRZ-iACxg44

Its caused some heads to explode but I agree with his analysis they did get boots on the ground and enthused young people to go back to the CLPs and canvass. What hasn't happened to Momentum is a load of old Trot bores would suck the life out of enthusiastic young activists.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:00 am 

Which idiot came up with this idea?

https://labourlist.org/2017/09/labour-l ... m-any-mps/

Quote:
A proposal to have Labour leadership contenders make the ballot without any MP supporting them has gained the support of 21 local parties.

The idea has been submitted by constituency Labour parties (CLPs), which would make it possible to have a leadership contender without having any parliamentary colleagues supporting them.

It is one of several potentially controversial ideas that could go before conference this year, to be debated at 2018 conference, according to reports in HuffPost.

Another would see the position of party general secretary become elected, with three yearly elections. Many suspect that this would mean the end of Iain McNicol’s time in the top job, who has come in for criticism from some on the left of the party, although others believe he has performed well during a turbulent period.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:11 am 

Politicians like grassroots members democracy when its going their way but when it doesn't its back to circumnavigation to get your way. Corbyn and McDonnell will be no different.

I would support an elected party president and my nomination would be Jeremy Corbyn. The job description would be to rally the troops and press the flesh in marginals. And leave parliamentary leadership to the grown-up boys and girls.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:21 pm 

youngian wrote:
Politicians like grassroots members democracy when its going their way but when it doesn't its back to circumnavigation to get your way. Corbyn and McDonnell will be no different.

I would support an elected party president and my nomination would be Jeremy Corbyn. The job description would be to rally the troops and press the flesh in marginals. And leave parliamentary leadership to the grown-up boys and girls.

It's just a blatantly divisive idea that's being pushed to fulfil some sectarian agenda. It's no surprise that this came from Chris Williamson. A man who confirms what folk in my family say about folk about Derby is correct.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 169 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12