It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 547  Next

Re: Jeremy Corbyn.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Jeremy Corbyn.
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:56 pm 

She obviously wasn't on top of her game whatever it is although Diane's not much good when she is. Corbyn still has some places to fill which he will be announcing this week.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:48 am 

I just don't think she's cut-out for high office. There's no shame in that, not all people are, and there's no reason why it should stop her doing the job she's done for the last 30 years (successfully, results would indicate). But someone needs to realise that to be taken seriously then people who are not up to the job need to go. Sir Alex Ferguson didn't keep playing his son just because he was his son when it was clear he wasn't good enough to play for Manchester United. And he was pretty successful in his chosen field.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:06 am 

bluebellnutter wrote:
I just don't think she's cut-out for high office. There's no shame in that, not all people are, and there's no reason why it should stop her doing the job she's done for the last 30 years (successfully, results would indicate). But someone needs to realise that to be taken seriously then people who are not up to the job need to go. Sir Alex Ferguson didn't keep playing his son just because he was his son when it was clear he wasn't good enough to play for Manchester United. And he was pretty successful in his chosen field.

Yeah, he offloaded the useless fucker to Wolves. Thanks a fucking bunch, Sir Alex.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:20 am 

And therein lies Corbyn's biggest problem. Whether it's through loyalty, a sense of defiance, what he sees as defending the vicims of unfair treatment or whatever, his lack of judgement shines through again and again

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:39 am 

Location: Handforth, Cheshire, just half a mile across the border with fantastic Greater Manchester
Saw Darren Ferguson playing for Wolves at Bury once. He didn't impress.

Corbyn needs to play it a bit safe at this point, he has built up some trust and goodwill following his excellent campaign. If he is to keep this going there are one or two things he needs to do.

1, Heal rifts with his rivals during the leadership election and unite the party so energy is not wasted on internal party squabbling. We have a weak and wobbly government who could collapse, Labour need to present themselves as being in a position to take over

2, Keep Diane Abbot off the front bench. Ive nothing against her, but I just don't think high profile cabinet positions are her bag.

3, Play down the "we scored a moral victory in the GE" could be seen as overconfidence

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:14 pm 

Maybe he's making the point that he moves her in his own time? Not a bad vibe to give out.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:22 pm 

Not sure he needs to be implying Theresa May cares less about the fire than others do.

Don't go there. Just keep the focus on policy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:09 pm 

Yeah after a while people feel sorry.

Stick to the fact that a catalogue of crap led to the death of probably 100.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:42 pm 

Malcolm Armsteen wrote:
I'm also not convinced about the diabetes. Or at least, not at face value.
I've been Type II for about ten years. In that time I've had 2 hypos (low blood sugar, caused by medication). If her diabetes is out of control she will be hyper, not hypoglaecemic. She may not feel very well, she may have a problem bladder but most of the damage will be long term and unseen. I've never heard of it causing the sort of confusion and lethargy she had that day, but a hypo could if severe enough. And her practitioners will have warned her about hypos and what do do - eat Dextrosol, which we're all supposed to carry at all times. But, as in my case, poor management means high, not low blood sugars.

Hyperglycaemia can give a fairly insidious development of poor concentration and fatigue. It's one of the things you'd screen for in a 'tired all the time' adult. Given her background she's probably at higher risk of DMII too.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:50 pm 

I see he's not had time to comment on people walking through the centre of London with Hezbollah insignia yesterday, nor comment on the widely shared footage of a speaker blaming Grenfell on Zionists. I'm sure he was just about to do it when Finsbury Park kicked off.

Do his supporters really not see the problem lots of people have with him?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:16 pm 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Not sure he needs to be implying Theresa May cares less about the fire than others do.

When did he say this?

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:28 pm 

Tubby Isaacs wrote:
I see he's not had time to comment on people walking through the centre of London with Hezbollah insignia yesterday, nor comment on the widely shared footage of a speaker blaming Grenfell on Zionists. I'm sure he was just about to do it when Finsbury Park kicked off.

Do his supporters really not see the problem lots of people have with him?

Has Theresa May commented on these things? Have they been in the news in any meaningful way?

Does Corbyn need to loudly be proclaiming "I AM NOT AN ANTI-SEMITE" at all times?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:35 pm 

He's the one whose got a "Jewish problem", not Theresa May. If he wants to do something about it, he could start now.

And in terms of self-interest, Labour could have won Finchley and Golders Green, plus Chipping Barnet if the leader wasn't so unpopular among Jews. And Hendon.

Last edited by Tubby Isaacs on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:37 pm 

Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:

When did he say this?

With Peston. It's at best very clumsy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:41 pm 

He side swerved out of that one quickly

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 8191 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 547  Next