It is currently Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:46 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471  Next

Re: Labour, Generally.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Labour, Generally.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:41 pm 

The party usually elects opposite MPs to its leadership for some reason and the fact they haven't got one Pro Corbyn candidate on yet, suggests more of the same.

Likely to be local councillors however if Balls or Miliband put their hat in expect them to get on, Plenty of Yorkshire and North East seats that might appeal to Balls and Miliband.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:43 pm 

Littlejohn's brain wrote:
Tubby Isaacs wrote:
Jez shouting in a street. That's a new, more prime ministerial look.

Oh christ it's going to be 83 all over again isn't it? Hopefully Abbott Burgon or McDonnell might lose their seat.

We can hope all three...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:47 pm 

I've read it, oh god he won't quit will he? He'll stay on until the McDonnell amendment is passed and then he goes and wend up with McDonnell or Burgon as leader and the faithful will have their movement that they own and they can feel good about themselves whilst not having to worry about the poor, the disabled, the unemployed, young people, the environment, the NHS, as long as they can feel good about themselves, they'll be alright. They are scum, worse than Tories.

Dave Lister, philosopher.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:48 pm 

Location: Sunny Surrey where the vines sit smugly in the sunshine.
Read.
That is why I think the Labour Party is dead.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:02 pm 

Nah I've wrote on the other thread I think their is enough to end him.

Really depends how bad it gets, you have to remember he has two big elections in just over a month, he can survive the councils, but he won't survive a poor general election.

He does have a vote, but I'm sure that's starting to get weaker, a good candidate will beat him. The one thing that I kept hearing was he A) Hadn't been proven with the electorate B) They wanted him out for no reason.

Both reasons will be gone and my supporting Corbyn friends are already pretty much choosing the next leader and they are Burgon's friends.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:05 am 

mattomac wrote:
Nah I've wrote on the other thread I think their is enough to end him.

Really depends how bad it gets, you have to remember he has two big elections in just over a month, he can survive the councils, but he won't survive a poor general election.

He does have a vote, but I'm sure that's starting to get weaker, a good candidate will beat him. The one thing that I kept hearing was he A) Hadn't been proven with the electorate B) They wanted him out for no reason.

Both reasons will be gone and my supporting Corbyn friends are already pretty much choosing the next leader and they are Burgon's friends.

Oh god we're going to end up with bloody Burgon.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:25 am 

I actually meant not Burgon's friends. In fact I would guess none of them know who he is.

He wouldn't get on a ballot anyhow unless we lose that many seats, maybe that's Corbyn's great plan reduce to it about 50 so he can get on the ballot, sadly for him the NEC told him to jog on, I expect that to happen quite a bit in the next few months.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:16 pm 

Gerard Coyne has been suspended. Oh look

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/uk ... -suspended

Quote:
Last year, Coyne was subject to disciplinary action after addressing a gathering organised by the anti-Corbyn Labour for the Common Good group. He was told that his speech to MPs including Chuka Umunna and Tristram Hunt was inappropriate "given the sensitivity within the Labour Party at the moment with the constant attacks on the leadership."

McCluskey, a Corbyn ally, appeared to have a comfortable lead over Coyne after being nominated by 1,185 Unite branches to his rival's 187. But Coyne's team maintained that he "will win", recalling that in the 2002 Amicus election (the union which merged with the TGWU to form Unite), Derek Simpson won despite recieving 93 nominations to Ken Jackson's 352. "Len McCluskey is a machine politician, elected by one in ten Unite members on a low turnout," a Coyne spokesman said then. "Full-time Unite officials were under heavy pressure during the nomination period to deliver for McCluskey.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:28 pm 

Turnout is still measly but early returns are looking good for Coyne

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:34 pm 

But since he's been suspended doesn't that make the result null and void?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:38 pm 

Anybody catch Eddie Mair interviewing Dawn Butler MP on the PM programme this evening about Jeremy's first set piece speech of the campaign?

Ten minutes or so in. I warn you, listening to it actually hurts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08m8z3b

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:16 pm 

Abernathy wrote:
Anybody catch Eddie Mair interviewing Dawn Butler MP on the PM programme this evening about Jeremy's first set piece speech of the campaign?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 pm 

Dawn Butler usually puts in a decent performance but that was even more appalling than Thornberry's efforts. Its clear no one is too sure what the line is (Corbyn and McD contradicted themselves on EU deal ref today) and few shadow cabinet members if any turned up to Corbyn's launch. I think they're out keeping their campaigns as local as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:49 pm 

youngian wrote:
Dawn Butler usually puts in a decent performance but that was even more appalling than Thornberry's efforts. Its clear no one is too sure what the line is (Corbyn and McD contradicted themselves on EU deal ref today) and few shadow cabinet members if any turned up to Corbyn's launch. I think they're out keeping their campaigns as local as possible.

I thought that Thornberry was excellent this morning in the face of naked Tory shilling. Were the country's interests needing to be furthered or defended, I certainly know who I would rather see in the FCO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:45 pm 

Abernathy wrote:

Oh my Christ.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7064 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 467, 468, 469, 470, 471  Next