It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Re: Jacob Rees-Mogg

Sponsor

Sponsor

Post subject: Re: Jacob Rees-Mogg
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:09 pm 

Remember when we hoped Trump would win the GOP nmination so that Clinton would win the presidency?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:12 pm 

Wasn't his mate the original proto-foodbank?

Loaves, fishes, water into wine, and all that?

(Personally, I wouldn't have served red with the fish but that's just me...)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 pm 

I have the horrible feeling that Boris the Ledge was the warm-up act for this particular Ledge.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:14 am 

Quote:
Pro-life Tory and multi-millionaire Jacob Rees-Mogg profits from sale of anti-abortion pills

Multi-millionaire Tory Jacob Rees-Mogg has admitted his investment firm profits from abortion pills – even though he wants to deny rape victims the right to terminations.

His company has nearly £5million-worth of shares in the Indonesian firm Kalbe Farma, which produces the pills to prevent ulcers.

They also trigger terminations, can be bought in pharmacies and are used widely in Indonesia – where there are an estimated two million illegal abortions each year.

Father-of-six Mr Rees-Mogg defended the investments and said he would not resign his investment post.

But he admitted: “It would be wrong to pretend that I like it but the world is not always what you want it to be.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:05 pm 

And every day the paper boy brings more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:53 pm 

Quote:
Faisal Islam ‏Verified account
@faisalislam

Jacob Rees Mogg appears to be backing Keir Starmer on his use of archaic procedure to get impact studies released
4:49 PM - 1 Nov 2017

https://twitter.com/faisalislam/status/ ... 2258162688

Perhaps yon Jacob doesn't much fancy No Deal after all...

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:45 pm 

Look at his constituency. High remain territory.

"I proved that you're wrong. And if you're wrong, I'm right." - Aaron Eckhart.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:04 pm 

Rees-Mogg backed the supreme court case for parliament to trigger A50 he's a staunch parliamentarian suspicious of executive power in Westminster as well as Brussels. Especially when these petty Napoleons in government get in the way of free-born Englishmen making money. I also suspect he's overcompensating due to his Papist leanings.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm 

Jacob Rees-Mogg: hard Brexit would boost UK by £135bn over 5 years
Quote:
The UK economy could enjoy a post-Brexit financial dividend of £135bn in the five years after its departure from the EU, Jacob Rees-Mogg has said, an opinion that attracted a direct if brief endorsement from the Department for International Trade.

At a speech in London, the leading pro-Brexit backbencher lambasted what he called the "false assumptions" of Philip Hammond's Treasury ahead of next week's budget, insisting that leaving the EU would provide a huge economic boost.

In an apparent sign of government divisions over Brexit surfacing ahead of the budget, the trade department tweeted a link to an approving article about Rees-Mogg's arguments from its official account.

Quote:
Rees-Mogg, viewed by some as a possible contender for the Tory leadership if Theresa May falls, was speaking to introduce an alternative pre-Brexit budget put together by a group called Economists for Free Trade.

He endorsed the group's alternative budget plan, which argues that a "clean" or hard Brexit – one which would put Britain outside the EU's single market and customs union – would deliver a £135bn boost to the economy from 2020-25, and another £40bn a year after that.

Rees-Mogg said this would only be possible if the government pursued a policy of free trade, reduced regulation and lower taxes. He argues that corporation tax should be almost halved to 10%, and stamp duty lowered to help the London property market.

Such a route seemed impossible given the current mindset in the Treasury, he said: "The window of post-Brexit freedom will remain firmly shut to those who forecasters who subscribe to the modelling approach adopted by HM Treasury, which has a neo-protectionist approach and an inbuilt bias towards a pessimistic assessment of Brexit."

A good proportion of this supposed Brexit dividend should be used for extra spending on the NHS, Rees-Mogg said, referring to the hugely contentious promise by leave campaigners of £350m a week more for health spending post-Brexit.

"Although I did not want the £350m figure used, it was used, and the electors believe a promise was made," he said. "Politicians cannot and should not hide behind the small print, like some disreputable businesses do, but must recognise that a commitment was accepted in broad terms, not in pettifogging detail."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:50 pm 

So actually he's endorsing an "alternative budget"??? Absolutely extraordinary. And it's quite conceivable this guy could be our PM within the next three months.

They're not even really pretending anymore, are they? It's as if it's too much like hard work. If the likes of Philip Hammond are the enemy now, what on earth must they think of the rest of us?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:52 pm 

Untermensch.

Things can only get better.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:26 pm 

Fox has been undermining the treasury with this bilge

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 147 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10